• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Did u get to touch the texas traditions? 😯

graham has really good style
I got to touch the Graham Ebners. He made those all his lonesome. And they're a thing to behold – over 800 hand-sewn knots at both ends of the stitch to make the spines of the cacti, that go in before the lining. Once the lining is in, then there’s the “stitch in the ditch” along the outline of the cactus. The variegated stitch depths allows for dimensionality in the design (it puffs out a little). Suede is pig suede, shaft is kangaroo, and there’s come calf somewhere in there.

Here’s Peter Middleton from Wythe marveling at the same:

73A7B2B4-4E61-4F4A-A44E-BA170487DD1B.png

The last is also distinctive and flattering in a way that a lot of boots are not. Not that I’m wearing cowboy boots, but compare my Celine’s above to his boots, both in a size 12(ish). No competition.

I hope I got that right - I’m auditioning for brand manager. Building the brand story.

Last edited:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to touch the Graham Ebners. He made those all his lonesome. And they're a thing to behold – over 800 hand-sewn knots at both ends of the stitch to make the spines of the cacti, that go in before the lining. Once the lining is in, then there’s the “stitch in the ditch” along the outline of the cactus. The variegated stitch depths allows for dimensionality in the design (it puffs out a little). Suede is pig suede, shaft is kangaroo, and There’s come calf somewhere in there.

Here’s Peter Middleton from Wythe marveling at the same:

View attachment 1627552

The last is also distinctive and flattering in a way that a lot of boots are not. Not that I’m wearing cowboy boots, but compare my Celine’s above to his boots, both in a size 12(ish). No competition.

I hope I got that right - I’m auditioning for brand manager. Building the brand story.
Is he no longer at Texas Traditions?

ive always liked the last on his boots

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Is he no longer at Texas Traditions?

ive always liked the last on his boots
He is! This is a pair he did for himself to prove out his solo operation. He's planning to take a (very) few customers later this year, with Lee's blessing.

You'll find the lasts are very similar.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be interviewing Brunello Cucinelli in Milan in a couple weeks. Besides trying to figure out why his cashmere is so expensive, is there anything else you’d like me to ask him?

Actually the way he treats the company workers is admirable, especially since garment factories can be notoriously shady. I’m sure that drives up his costs, but still…

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I may be interviewing Brunello Cucinelli in Milan in a couple weeks. Besides trying to figure out why his cashmere is so expensive, is there anything else you’d like me to ask him?

Actually the way he treats the company workers is admirable, especially since garment factories can be notoriously shady. I’m sure that drives up his costs, but still…
Ask him if he thinks this is copyright infringement

EsErmzfVkAI3Rvr.jpeg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol I have like 4 boxes of that casarecce in my pantry

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Umit Benan is now collaborating with Shoyoroll to make two colors of a BBJ gi and also a lightweight jacket. I guess that BJJ is becoming really trendy and mainstream and has shed a lot of the streetfighting baggage that was there when I first started.
That's cool. Last time I saw fashion statement in grappling was Shinya Aoki's rainbow tights.

1624316005816.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.