• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doek is another

Last edited:
Reactions: RSS

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doppiaa makes some as well I think

Salad

Reaction score
Converse 70s?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Converse 70s?

Big yes. I have two pairs of high tops and love them. Much better than the standard chuks.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doek is another

Doek's are great

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Summer is the one time of the year I go very "down market" with one clothing item. When I'm running errands I'll put on my khaki trousers, a poplin check shirt with sleeves rolled, a nice watch, and a pair of royal blue Ked's. No need to wear my Cleverleys to run errands. Sadly Ked's recently stopped making their "tennies" in royal blue. They still come in navy ... but not royal. Any suggestions for an alternative? I suppose they don't really have to be down market ... the look is more important.

For a while I was able to find new old stock in a woman's size that would fit. I guess this is as close as I've come to drag. Well, there was Halloween in 86 when I dressed as Charo.
Have you looked at Superga?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.