• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Woah those are damn cool, I want a pair. Doubtful it will be anything less than 2000 though. God I need another pair of boots like I need another hole in my head.

I feel like I hate spending more than 200 bucks on any one piece of clothing and spend a lot of time considering it but put a super expensive boot in my face and I turn into a slobbering chimp brained neanderthal and try to find a way to buy immediately.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Woah those are damn cool, I want a pair. Doubtful it will be anything less than 2000 though. God I need another pair of boots like I need another hole in my head.

I feel like I hate spending more than 200 bucks on any one piece of clothing and spend a lot of time considering it but put a super expensive boot in my face and I turn into a slobbering chimp brained neanderthal and try to find a way to buy immediately.
If you would like me to put out an inquiry I can. I don't know if he's full-on doing stuff solo yet.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

good news, they are not 2000 (at least not in USD)

edit : I may have not correctly realized the pair of shoes being referred to in this post.

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
If you would like me to put out an inquiry I can. I don't know if he's full-on doing stuff solo yet.
oooo don't you threaten me with a good time. I would be lying if I didn't say that I was interested though, maybe a little inquiry wouldn't hurt. I know Texas traditions where he is apprenticing makes shit that goes into the 10k plus range though. I once saw a small news piece in em.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1C99EB6F-3726-4A51-81F0-BEC59DF604B4.gif

A6C76BBB-BDDF-4E22-9DCE-01CB8F8B5654.png

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking back at Umit Benan spring/summer 17, this collection probably would have banged if it was released as a spring/summer 21, looking at the way fashion trends have gone. The man was a bit too early.

Umit is a King.
The B+ stuff is dope, I've picked up a handful of it, but yeah what I really want is re-issues of Tokyo Diaries, Cuba and Los Bastardos

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! But wish the heel w a touch taller, then would be perfect
Thanks! Re the heel, I think it might be the angle of my photos that makes it look a bit lower than it's is.

Here's a stock photo from the side

1623897764345.png

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't let Foo know about this...

re: Umit B et al, does anyone still post runway stuff here? Sipang used to, but even pre-Covid I don't recall seeing as many shows posted. Was an easy way to get exposed to stuff I wouldn't otherwise notice or just to see cool stuff from familiar designers.

Last edited:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do! Very genuine dude.

I’ll tell Graham to filter out any Foo orders.
Thats awesome. I want a pair of texas traditions. 4 year wait tho… i have a boot company in my neighborhood thats probably about as good. Still considering doing for a pair through them. Might ask for a side zip in a cool leather

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.