• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think tan shoes can work in an outfit. I just think they're a bit more specific in very tailored, classic outfits. But in some aesthetics, they may even work better than mid- or dark brown shoes.

I recently bought a pair of Tecovas ropers. I originally ordered the dark brown version, but the company accidentally sent me the tan. When I received them, I was surprised to find how much I like them. I think the color looks good underneath blue jeans.

stockton-how-we-make-em.jpeg

There's an actor/ vlogger I follow named CJ Cook. He often wears Westernwear/ cowboy type fits and incorporates a lot of tan shoes. I think the color works really well in that aesthetic.

167051771_260969699099962_8222399840160673594_n.jpg
160024538_1450798931947318_6921321512183429804_n.jpg

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for some linen easy pants?
Few options

Luellwitz

Reaction score
Any suggestions for some linen easy pants?
I saw these the other day:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone wear chestnut / tan shoes anymore?
Yes. Not all time but definitely some of the time. I have a lovely pair of mid-brown suede Dries chukkas which I wear quite a lot, and another pair of all-purpose chestnut handmade ankle boots that are pretty much my default.

I have to say that, maybe it's because I'm older than most here, but while I am sometimes inspired by fits I see, I really don't give let what other people are wearing stop me from wearing something if I know it looks good. I'm certainly not always right, but worrying whether I'm sufficiently like the cool kids is a recipe for needless anxiety, and... well, you know...

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ChetB sell me your Vans if size 11-11.5 :)

As far as ugly clothes, isn't it in many ways a rehashing of the ironic hipster trend of the early 2000s? But for people who want to obnoxiously flash wealth and taste, rather than broke and sweaty hipsters who were just showing that they knew the in-group code. It strikes me as the same sort of insecurity either way—you do everything tongue (ostensibly) in cheek to avoid the sting of having your actual preferences judged. You always have an escape card ("Oh, it's meant to be ugly and idiotic!").

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ChetB sell me your Vans if size 11-11.5 :)

As far as ugly clothes, isn't it in many ways a rehashing of the ironic hipster trend of the early 2000s? But for people who want to obnoxiously flash wealth and taste, rather than broke and sweaty hipsters who were just showing that they knew the in-group code. It strikes me as the same sort of insecurity either way—you do everything tongue (ostensibly) in cheek to avoid the sting of having your actual preferences judged. You always have an escape card ("Oh, it's meant to be ugly and idiotic!").
Very true, sincerity leaves us vulnerable.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[edit: too long and not interesting enough, don’t want to make anybody read all that!]

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Browsing Yukio Akamine's instagram, dope fit after dope fit.

I love how he sometimes accidentally uploads the same photo twice 😭

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 12.33.58 PM.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.