• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find that with flared denim, especially vintage cuts, the flare is too abrupt and look dated. I like when it is more gradual rather than super tight then a huge bell below the knees.
i also have never really gone for fitted-to-flare jeans a la 517, maybe try searching for elephant leg or snoop around navy surplus flares.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I could try em on if you want and tell you how they fit but as you already mentioned your hips dont lie, and mine are frankly habitual liars. One of my friends has a pair but she is a women and they look great but maybe thats not what you wanna hear

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a cotton knit developing a hole like this? I've only worn it twice and just noticed after hand washing it. A bit perturbed it seems to be so delicate, but wondering if it's an easy fix? 20210512_212635.jpg
20210512_212936.jpg

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a cotton knit developing a hole like this? I've only worn it twice and just noticed after hand washing it. A bit perturbed it seems to be so delicate, but wondering if it's an easy fix? View attachment 1609064
View attachment 1609068
You can easily get it darned at local cleaners.

I've had this happen to two of my linen polos 🤷🏻‍♂️

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a cotton knit developing a hole like this? I've only worn it twice and just noticed after hand washing it. A bit perturbed it seems to be so delicate, but wondering if it's an easy fix? View attachment 1609064
View attachment 1609068
Something like that can be easily darned at home, if you want to take on the project.

Not to alarm you, but could the hole be from clothes moths or silverfish? Clothes moths usually hatch around April.

Reaction score
View attachment 1609068
Where's the hole located? I realized I got a bunch of holes in T's around the belly area from leaning against my granite countertops when doing dishes

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Where's the hole located? I realized I got a bunch of holes in T's around the belly area from leaning against my granite countertops when doing dishes
This has happened to me as well - also when I've had something that's gone over my belt buckle.

Sorry this happened to you though but if you're interested in darning, it's quite easy and gives you a bit more attachment to your clothes!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.