• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
This may not be entirely fair, but this is all pretty in line with my mind's image of AMI.
Yup, same recycled upwardly mobile mall brand category like Sandro, Sand Copenhagen, Orlebar Brown, The Kooples, etc... (the last two I mostly recall from GQ UK's relentless shilling)

Maxwellll

Reaction score
This may not be entirely fair, but this is all pretty in line with my mind's image of AMI.
Their collections are completely different for the last ~6 years though, which is why it so weird to look back at whatever they were thinking in 2014.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mattiussi makes whatever he thinks people want to buy at this particular moment. That's his POV as a designer (i.e. he doesn't really have one) - and I don't think he's been hiding it much, from the interviews I've heard and read.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would this incident make you not buy their shoes anymore?
the obvious answer being I no longer trust how they run their company. If their CFO embezzled money for 8 yrs without anyone noticing then they don’t deserve to be supported. I try to support companies with some sort of ethical backbone which Alden clearly lacks. A shame too because I love my shell cordovan bal cap toes

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the obvious answer being I no longer trust how they run their company. If their CFO embezzled money for 8 yrs without anyone noticing then they don’t deserve to be supported. I try to support companies with some sort of ethical backbone which Alden clearly lacks. A shame too because I love my shell cordovan bal cap toes
One unethical person doesn't make an unethical company. Clearly there are some problems here in terms of quality internal controls, but I'd wager that almost every company out there has fraud going on. Obviously most aren't at that level, but if you have 500 employees, the odds are you've got a few that are bad people and trying to rip the company off.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not to mention these things are typically covert, so i'm not sure how anybody would evaluate a firm in any case. private investigator to buy shoes? hm.

cb200

Reaction score
The Alden dude was likely very good at his job and likeable enough in personality to get away with his thing for as long as he did. Working with small/medium sized businesses, I can see how someone could be entrusted in accounting with allot of trust and without many checks and balances. Still, screw that guy.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Have heard of two prominent menswear companies that have had employees steal large amounts of money. These two companies are popular on this forum. The companies are otherwise run by good people. Just hired the wrong person.
so toj and what's the other :foo2:

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
They're unethical because someone stole money from them?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Red

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above