• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Bronson Mfg. probably has something you’d like.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, guys, I did it. I spent two years earning a 4.0 and preparing a portfolio that got me admitted to my design program. I can officially call myself an outdoor apparel design student. Looking forward to two more years of studio courses!
Whoa, congrats!!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@dieworkwear was that awful Belgian tassel loafer pic you posted on Twitter taken from Stylefarm somewhere?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, how are the nephews taking this Alden embezzlement news? I'm afraid to check the thread.

PPS - I've waited years for gun allocations and we never get any of the fun ones here in California.

Philby

Reaction score
Sorry to annoy, but can somebody advise - I was awaiting End Clothing's mid-season sale and the earlier code for that, which should be around now, but nothing has materialised so far. Do you reckon they might have changed it from last year? Hoping to pull the trigger on something and still waiting.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
Bronson Mfg. probably has something you’d like.
lol their gurkhas are among those I'm trying to avoid. They do have some chinos that I've looked at, though I'm not sure that I'm ready to go quite as wide as many of their pants are. Then again, I went to high school in the 90s so I've been here before.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol their gurkhas are among those I'm trying to avoid. They do have some chinos that I've looked at, though I'm not sure that I'm ready to go quite as wide as many of their pants are. Then again, I went to high school in the 90s so I've been here before.
The fit on their ghurkas is excellent, though. So many people describe an 8" leg opening as a "classic fit," but that sort of slim-straight fit is so far from what I imagine as "classic"—i.e. like the trousers guys wore in classic movies. If it's that classic straight leg look you want, Bronson is a good bet (assuming the chinos are anything like the ghurkas, that is). I have other repro ghurkas that are much more balloon-y, which I really like, but I suspect is not as easy to wear for most people.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Look up The Quartermaster, based in Prato, Italy. They do an amazing repro chino. Not sure if you can find a stockist but that is what you want...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.