• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
If I had to cite a complaint it would be that the one really stiff/rigid part out of the box was the waistband and getting that top button through the buttonhole the first couple times was a literal pain. Once I got it through there and unbuttoned it and rebuttoned it a few times, it loosened right up. I wore them around the house yesterday evening and have been wearing them today and they've already loosened up nicely.
I'm glad you like them! I didn't have that issue with the buttonhole on these particular jeans, but I've definitely had it on raw denim with a button fly before. Glad they loosened up though. Mine definitely started to stretch already, I may have to try shrinking them a bit haha.
Those boots would go with Just Blaze's outfit here
Oh now I know what to listen to today on my drive

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Yeah it is.

Oh got it, I didnt know that was a thing until today.
Welp bought em. We'll see what happens. Only straight yes I got was from @bry2000 in the "Should I buy" thread

gardenvariety

Reaction score
What are some currently available brands with a vibe similar to A.P.C. and Officine Generale? Don't necessarily have to be french. I'm aware of Sandro but it's too rocker. I often hear Norse Projects and Our legacy cited, but OL is too out-there and I've been disappointed by the things I've owned from Norse. Looking for stuff that's more minimal and clean but well cut, think navy and beige, textures like wool, cashmere, raw denim, sneakers, military-ish jackets.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are some currently available brands with a vibe similar to A.P.C. and Officine Generale? Don't necessarily have to be french. I'm aware of Sandro but it's too rocker. I often hear Norse Projects and Our legacy cited, but OL is too out-there and I've been disappointed by the things I've owned from Norse. Looking for stuff that's more minimal and clean but well cut, think navy and beige, textures like wool, cashmere, raw denim, sneakers, military-ish jackets.
Acne, John Elliot, Geller

MythReindeer

Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

cb200

Reaction score
Fuller leg higher rise. Vintage fit. Cheap. Light mid-weight. Not my listing. Won't sell mine.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
I'm trying not to buy gurkha pants. I'm looking for a reasonably causal, machine washable chino with a high rise and straight-ish cut, maybe a bit fuller. Something I can wear with boots, sweaters and sweatshirts, casual shirts, and maybe a tucked oxford button down if needed.

The trimmer two Casatlantic chinos seem in the right ballpark, but they're currently sold out in my size. I'd also prefer to stay closer to $100 than $200 if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Carhartt WIP Master Pant, Bills Khakis, Taylor Stitch Democratic Pant

Bromley

Reaction score

Mountain Khakis (~$90) in relaxed fit are great-- full, high-rise, sturdy and well-made. Rothco Vintage chinos (~$50) are my go-to. They're a lot better than they look on any website.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mountain Khakis (~$90) in relaxed fit are great-- full, high-rise, sturdy and well-made. Rothco Vintage chinos (~$50) are my go-to. They're a lot better than they look on any website.
Guideboat's stuff is well made and lasts forever.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Red

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 50.0%