1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior Member

TFW you see @Rais beef Errolson Hugh on Instagram

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

you see the new klein hybrid crimper multi-tool?

Russ is perhaps the worst dresser the nba has ever seen.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What? Link please?

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

N&F just released high-rise boot cut jeans: https://tateandyoko.com/collections/groovy-guy
    unnamed.png
    Also, it's weird noticing who uses Google Analytics vs Adobe Analytics based on UTM syntax when you click through an email (almost everyone uses GA).

5. LA Guy

Ironheart has done this as well, called "boss" jeans, after the founder. But change comes slowly. In 2006, I spoke to a women's retailer in Boston who had to plead with NYC and LA companies to please keep on making their bootcuts for them, as Bostonians were not buying tapered jeans. The drop-off rate for adoption is very high. Boston is already a tier two city for fashion adoption. Of course, the rate of information exchange is so much faster now.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

i recently tried N&F slim guy and really liked the cut, don't really want indigo colors right now so i'm looking for a diff color charcoal looks cool

7. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

I spent a couple of hours in the three different Kapital stores (Kapital, Duffle, Legs) in Ebisu yesterday... it's very rare that I succumb to the idea that shopping can be an 'experience' but it's much more like that in Japan, and Kapital really get it right. Duffle is particularly delightful. I only ended up getting a bucket hat and a bright red haori, but it was really great to be able to see and feel the effort they put into the 'boro' type clothes they do in particular, and their Century denim is really something else. But it wasn't just the expensive stuff - and some of it is really expensive - I was very impressed with practically the cheapest thing they do, the Mottainai jeans, made from their factory reject denim. I'll certainly get a pair before I leave and also something more ridiculous...

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Quite intrigued by that Mottainai denim. Looks fun and it’s really in the spirit of Kapital too.

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

upload_2018-4-17_18-59-39.png

hey gentry that's not how days work

10. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

I bought these about three months ago and absolutely love them:
    https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/klein-kurve/klein-kurve-heavy-duty-wire-stripper-8-18-awg

You can punch out KOs and then actually twist wire with them. Best tool in Klein’s arsenal IMO. Also bought their tape measure, which is two sided, has a magnetic hook on both top and bottom, a handy stopper on the bottom when it retracts, and a super easy-to-use (compared to Stanley, Husky, etc) stopper for holding the tape out.

The new crimping ones look like the old school ones with padded handles. Not bad, but I rarely crimp except when on the fire alarm crew.

Edit:

almost forgot, got this a month ago and saved tons of space in my bag:
    http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/interchangeable-drivers/6-1-multi-nut-driver-heavy-duty
    Also picked up the new Fluke that reads (not just checks for inductance) VA without contacts:
    http://en-us.fluke.com/products/electrical-testers/t6-1000-electrical-tester.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018

11. FrankCowperwood

um move to recent purchases? mods?

12. LA Guy

Maybe? It's such a wierd area. We'll see if the conversation continues down this path.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

The new forged stripper with white trim you linked is relatively new maybe you have the yellow trimmed ones that do 12-20 stranded no?
    Not a fan of klein tapes they just don't hold up like fatmaxes but they have good features. You seen the new curved baseball like fatmax? No magnet on that one though and only 25' for now. The new ones that just came out are forged too, strip 12-16, shears screws, has hardened cutting knives, and a wide tip for twisting like the other one. Seems they are trying to compete with the knipex one which I am a big fan of and prefer to most klein along with wiha and wera for drivers.

The 6 in 1 is clutch, too bad doesn't include the 1/2". T5-1000 is really nice too, they were having some problems with a batch of those awhile back.

14. FrankCowperwood

Was totally kidding.

15. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

Don’t want to derail the thread (too much) but you’re right, I have the yellow trimmed ones. Love Fatmaxes but wish they were two sided. The probs on the Flukes went away with the second iteration. I have 5 Knipex cobras and about to get their crescent pliers since I hate how wheel adjustables slip :fu:

Soooooo how about these SF hill skaters? https://www.gq.com/story/gx1000-skate-crew-san-francisco