• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with Kapital (I know) but neither BBJ or FDMTL use boro or sakiori like that, nor do they have hand-stitched sashiko like what Kuon does. They do patchwork (FDMTL also does faux patchwork) and sometimes they have a handful of hand-stitches on those, but their focus is on indigo, not on the type of materials that Kuon uses. And I love BBJ (we’ve been carrying them since season 1) - just a different animal.

i don’t remember the exact # but I think that the hand-sashiko patchwork jacket in those pics had something like 100 hours of work in it. It was $6 or 7k. It’s really special stuff.
Certainly not trying to say it doesn't look good. It really does and it's exactly my thing. But, given that I think Cottle is overcharging (and overhyped), this seems way, way out there. However, at least you can see why they are charging what they are charging in the case of things like all-over hand-stitching.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Certainly not trying to say it doesn't look good. It really does and it's exactly my thing. But, given that I think Cottle is overcharging (and overhyped), this seems way, way out there. However, at least you can see why they are charging what they are charging in the case of things like all-over hand-stitching.
The full boro, full sakiori and full hand sashiko are pieces that are between a Neapolitan hand-made jacket and a luxury good to me. The number of people who can afford it and would dig it is probably very small. Maybe the people shelling out thousands for Greg Lauren type stuff? I don’t see retailers ever carrying these pieces (or sometimes just one unit for show) but I think that squares off with their limited manufacturing capacity. I know we never thought we could sell them. Even at wholesale price, I’m having trouble justifying getting one for myself. I just admire it for now.

The other stuff they do is just well designed, good silhouettes and great work on fabric treatments (their salt shrunk Nylon is stupidly good). It’s a bit expensive but not too out there

rokor

Reaction score
Someone has commitment issues, as in they need to slow down with making commitments. I'm curious to see what kind of pricing it would get sq/foot compared to others in your neighbourhood.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Bromley

Reaction score
It's a towering new construction overlooking a massive interstate exchange in a struggling, low-income corner of the neighborhood that's being built up with new Airbnbs. Listed at $1.1 million

Bromley

Reaction score
There's this cool house for sale in my neighborhood right now
View attachment 1504451
View attachment 1504452
View attachment 1504453
I totally forgot to mention that this house hosted a massive, 500+ person party earlier in the year at the very peak of Coronavirus, at which someone was Instagrammed publicly performing analingus in front of a floor-to-ceiling window. The host and owner were arrested for violating gathering restrictions, and I think this is why it's for sale.

rokor

Reaction score
I totally forgot to mention that this house hosted a massive, 500+ person party earlier in the year at the very peak of Coronavirus, at which someone was Instagrammed publicly performing analingus in front of a floor-to-ceiling window. The host and owner were arrested for violating gathering restrictions, and I think this is why it's for sale.
So what you see really is what you get. I like it.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Public anilingus 🤗

Super spreader event 😔

Black Friday discount codes that only give 10% off 🤬

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.