• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frank Leder deer leather is super nutso stuff. It leaves all the scarves and bullet holes (!) in it, leaving a pretty interesting pieces

‘Scarves and Bullet Holes’ is the title of my memoir.

Symphony

Reaction score
Sometimes I memorize things I wish I didn’t. I understand that everything is finite, but forgetting takes forever. The intrusive thoughts don’t stop. It’s irritating lol.

sometimes though, I want to start a blog about mental health and fashion.

Idk this is all random

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, the quilted jacket was nice too. Idk about the quilted pants though, seems like such a thing that would never be worn in real life...
Yeah I don't get quilted pants. They just remind me of old school snow pants. They also seem like they'd be *way* too warm to wear almost anywhere (except out in the snow building snowmen).

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get quilted pants. They just remind me of old school snow pants. They also seem like they'd be *way* too warm to wear almost anywhere (except out in the snow building snowmen).
I take it you've never been to Canada...

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take it you've never been to Canada...
I lived in North Dakota for 7 years, which in some cases is colder. :( But even then, like unless you're just walking around outside and never going inside, I don't see the point. Unless this is the look you're going for:

I generally run warm though. I'd definitely be sweating balls in pants like those.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I lived in North Dakota for 7 years, which in some cases is colder. :( But even then, like unless you're just walking around outside and never going inside, I don't see the point. Unless this is the look you're going for:

I generally run warm though. I'd definitely be sweating balls in pants like those.
Quilted down pants usually aren't that puffy, but I suppose it depends on how much batting is used. I don't know what the Joe McCoys feel like.

I think you see quilted pants used more often in womenswear (kind of the nature of fashion, where everything is more interesting in womenswear).

il_1588xN.2351178525_k978.jpg

il_1588xN.2083479173_nlfw.jpg

I can see the Joe McCoys quilted pants actually going with the fleece jacket pictured earlier. Something like this from Mountain Research

DSC0564.jpg

Frank Leder had quilted pants a few years ago, but I can't find a photo of them right now.

Eddie Bauer used to sell sets like the ones from Joe McCoys

c36a8d978ca199b13272ab25c1f19837.jpg

20141224081055_item_image13.jpg

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quilted down pants usually aren't that puffy, but I suppose it depends on how much batting is used. I don't know what the Joe McCoys feel like.

I think you see quilted pants used more often in womenswear (kind of the nature of fashion, where everything is more interesting in womenswear).

View attachment 1466594
View attachment 1466595

I can see the Joe McCoys quilted pants actually going with the fleece jacket pictured earlier. Something like this from Mountain Research

View attachment 1466597

Frank Leder had quilted pants a few years ago, but I can't find a photo of them right now.

Eddie Bauer used to sell sets like the ones from Joe McCoys

View attachment 1466599
View attachment 1466600
Maybe I'm just being a hater but all of that seems like outdoor-only wear to me. But then again, maybe that's the point?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
18 East has quilted pants on their site now that I like more than any of the others posted here.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's