• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Jonas251

Reaction score
So Aime Leone Dore. Never really cared much for the brand, but really enjoyed the F/w 20 lookbook, and had my eyes on the forest green new era Mets cap. It released today for $60 and sold out instantly. I hoped on grillld and tried to pick one up, I thought shoot, I could pay like $120-140 for this (which is already really high) and mother duckers are out here buying them for $220+ wtf. Is ALD really that hot?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So Aime Leone Dore. Never really cared much for the brand, but really enjoyed the F/w 20 lookbook, and had my eyes on the forest green new era Mets cap. It released today for $60 and sold out instantly. I hoped on grillld and tried to pick one up, I thought shoot, I could pay like $120-140 for this (which is already really high) and mother duckers are out here buying them for $220+ wtf. Is ALD really that hot?
They've been hot for a while. I mean, they did a collab with Porsche.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Simon Crompton looks like the type of dude to buy two pairs of mismatched kapital socks only to match them back up again.
StyleForum guys look like the type of dudes to buy two pairs of matching kapital socks only to mismatch them to be quirky

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took inventory of knits as we re-arranged some things in the closets. Good to know I have stacks of heavy knits handy when it's going to be 97 degrees on Monday.

Also quickly scanned my "collared shirt" section of my closet that mostly sits idle these days... I might as well frame my Dries painted shirt. I've never worn it (though it did arrive in worse condition than I thought from yjp - usually things are way better than described).

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I just did my usual transition from my spring summer stuff to the fall winter stuff while getting rid of things I didn't use much. I gotta say there are only a handful of things that didn't get used. My commitment to staying nice looking even when I'm not going out is astounding.

Also since money ain't flowing in like it used to, Ive come to appreciate what I spent good money on, and those cheap thrift finds that look/feel great. 6 dollar wide brioni pants with the Kapital bone embroidery westerner, why not? No one but me, my wife, and my cats judging anyway.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could pull it off, but the deer leather great coat is bad ass...

View attachment 1463240
Frank Leder deer leather is super nutso stuff. It leaves all the scarves and bullet holes (!) in it, leaving a pretty interesting pieces

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's