• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are outbreaks slowing down in Japan currently? I haven't kept up in the last few weeks. I know there won't be any tourism probably for the rest of the year, but I was really hoping by spring travel might be an option if things are starting to get better.
Japan is doing well compared to western countries, but not particularly well compared to other East / SE Asian and Pacific countries, and no-one really knows why (it's actually one of the things I'm writing about at the moment...).

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, I came to the conclusion of .... nothing!! I'll at least keep all four through the fall and maybe decide once it gets too cold to wear them. A bit ridiculous I decide to completely pare down my closet and then keep a leather jacket for every day I plan on leaving the house in October

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, I came to the conclusion of .... nothing!! I'll at least keep all four through the fall and maybe decide once it gets too cold to wear them. A bit ridiculous I decide to completely pare down my closet and then keep a leather jacket for every day I plan on leaving the house in October
The first is the best by far although the suede is also very nice. The double rider is alright and perfectly acceptable but nothing that really grabs me as it has been done so many times before. I hate the type II.

gardenvariety

Reaction score
Random question: Can I get a winter coat with a non-removeable fur hood trim dry-cleaned? I feel like taking it to a fur cleaner is overkill since the only fur aspect is the hood.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question: Can I get a winter coat with a non-removeable fur hood trim dry-cleaned? I feel like taking it to a fur cleaner is overkill since the only fur aspect is the hood.
If you sign a disclaimer.

Dieworkwear would tell you to try Rave FabriCARE (or however they style that). I’ve used them for a simpler job and they are good, but they are also expensive. You will pay for the packaging and return shipping, which will be $75 +.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice what are the sashiko pants and shirts you have? Any recs for brands? Thanks.
Mine are Colina sashiko curve slacks and I absolutely recommend them! Colina makes some really nice stuff

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.