• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
this convo got me finally considering buying some Nicholas Daley. I really love the ss20 stuff and sales are somehow already upon us. Isn't it usually at the end of summer? Ssense already got their sales up.
me too. cool stuff.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really cool interview with him on the Corporate Lunch pod. Check it out if you like the human as well as the clothes
Bought a sweatshirt from him. Like his brand and communications. I like that his brand is rooted in a personal philosophy based on his identity, rooted in multiculturalism and the jazz scene in London. Too many brands are just close with a made up story.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I ran social media right now for a consumer brand I would be literally having a panic attack
If you had a brand rooted in values and a set of ethics you'd know what to do or not do. Look at brands like Noah.

cb200

Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I went on Raytheon, Lockheed etc. and congrats! They didn't post shit, they were on this #lovethetroops #techkillers whatever shit they are supposed to be on.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
When a brand is REALLY small (like some of the shops liked on sf where people namedrop the owner) their brand social media account is almost synonymous with their own posting so if the post is pretty tastefully done it'll go over fine with most people I'd say.

Joytropics

Reaction score
@Fuuma apropos of nothing, have you read Houellebecq? I’m about halfway through Serotonin. The writing is excellent but it’s not nearly as transgressive as I expected, given his reputation.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think la possibilité d’une île (especially the last third of the novel) and la carte et le territoire are his best works (haven’t read the English translations).

@Fuuma apropos of nothing, have you read Houellebecq? I’m about halfway through Serotonin. The writing is excellent but it’s not nearly as transgressive as I expected, given his reputation.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Way to disrupt the retail world, Private White... summer sale starting June 3rd 🤮

ma che cazzo

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.