• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only shave my beard every couple weeks so I hit it with short clippers before I shave.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
whoever is doing the SF instagram, this is an aggressively bad post

*hundreds of thousands of people are furloughed from their jobs*

Really, its the Fast Fashion thats to blame!

Teger

Reaction score
this is also an extremely fucking stupid take on this situation:

*wealthy #menswear guy posts about millenials whining on his Curated Instagram*

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who falls in-between the groups, I don't know if I find anti-millennial or anti-boomer posts worse. Almost like any attempt to generalize an entire generation of people is going to be more wrong than right. Unless you're saying, "Those damn millennials and their constant need to breathe oxygen."

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was prob asked a million times, but any reccs for a bag that could double as diaper bag? It has to have pockets i guess, and not weigh a ton. Anyone? Thanks.
over the years various people have recommended Brady or Chapman fishing bags as diaper bags, including Putthison. this sort of thing, though this isn't my favorite color
option:
canvas fishing bag

and Putthison also has recommended Carhartt or Klein tool bags, like
1585686388420.png

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who falls in-between the groups, I don't know if I find anti-millennial or anti-boomer posts worse. Almost like any attempt to generalize an entire generation of people is going to be more wrong than right. Unless you're saying, "Those damn millennials and their constant need to breathe oxygen."
To be fair, boomers fucking suck

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
To be fair, boomers fucking suck
Generations are relatively useless sociological concepts (their possible meaningful usage is very narrow) and ABSOLUTELY misleading pop-sociological ones. Boomers aren't anything except an age group.

APK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know that Teger is still as rosy and cheerful as ever.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
whoever is doing the SF instagram, this is an aggressively bad post

*hundreds of thousands of people are furloughed from their jobs*

Really, its the Fast Fashion thats to blame!
I believe what that quotations is supposed to convey is the fact that fashion had to change anyway because it was unsustainable so you shouldn't go all apeshit about the coronavirus making your industry change.

Teger

Reaction score
I believe what that quotations is supposed to convey is the fact that fashion had to change anyway because it was unsustainable so you shouldn't go all apeshit about the coronavirus making your industry change.
it lacks basic empathy for the hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs and livelihood because of the virus, instead casting their suffering as growing pains typical of any industry. I do hope all the small shops that laid off their employees can take comfort in the knowledge that they were part of needed change.

Pangolin

Reaction score
The solution is to equally hate everybody.
325118b1960c16c003e5a07e9c9fcc89--dagobert-duck-uncle-scrooge.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.