• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
... how dogs are benefitting from extra contact ...
there is a lockdown policy and you can only go out for exercise or to walk your dog or buy essentials, so neighbours had been passing the dogs around via the backyards, now all the dogs are tired from these extra walks and don't want to go anymore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you think those kinds of articles are bad?
I'll just own my reaction to them rather than say they are objectively bad. And that reaction is like a less intense version of the Geffen post. Anything that highlights the disparity between the haves and the nots right now is just striking to me. I acknowledge it's a tough line to walk for a newspaper and that we can't be bombarded by anything but bad news.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is a lockdown policy and you can only go out for exercise or to walk your dog or buy essentials, so neighbours had been passing the dogs around via the backyards, now all the dogs are tired from these extra walks and don't want to go anymore
A80B226A-9EAC-417F-89F7-137A14A1E5CF.png

E35B40FF-6231-4DE1-8B79-EB2A9B5BDD28.png

73E59ADB-A57B-4797-B46C-41FADF601F16.png

D95334F8-869F-4D89-BA63-6C4D1F633318.png

Also, I’m pretty sure a walk with or without a dog constitutes exercise.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So guys, I am rethinking my style of clothing but needs a bit of help.

I am leaning towards a style that I would describe as minimalistic street with an edge. I am thinking denim, t shirts, clean hoodies, sneakers, cargo pants, all with a little luxurious touch to it and small details.

Would love some pic of outfits as inspiration.
Look up John Elliot

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When my kids were little they asked me why everyone in Santa Cruz wears those hoodies with huge Santa Cruz logo (NHS skateboards) on the back. I told them it was so when they found them wandering around in another town the police would know where to return them.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new pair of jeans for sitting alone in my house with, since I'm not going into work again until this apocalypse is over or I have a meeting I can't handle over Zoom

Are these Tender 130 stupid or cool? If they're stupid, anyone got any recommendations for a good pair of pants (doesn't need to be jeans) that I can wear daily, look better with wear, and have a loose top block with a taper?

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loose top block with a tapir

Lmao you've lost your damned mind. I think those Tenders look cool, look comfy. I've been wearing Sugar Cane 1947s mostly as they are extremely comfortable, no taper though.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that photo Mr Moo? I assume yes. The cuffs in those jeans are no good.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tender is cool, but not their jeans. I quite dislike true white stitching on a dark fabric, it looks like it's a sample made with whatever was around (maybe that's the point?), or some historical accuracy thing. Neither appeals to me.

Tender shirts and outerwear are the shit

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new pair of jeans for sitting alone in my house with, since I'm not going into work again until this apocalypse is over or I have a meeting I can't handle over Zoom

Are these Tender 130 stupid or cool? If they're stupid, anyone got any recommendations for a good pair of pants (doesn't need to be jeans) that I can wear daily, look better with wear, and have a loose top block with a taper?

Didn’t you solve that w your resolute denim already. These are kinda weird bad but could be good w next level styling kinda jeans

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I wear some tender 132 everyday while stuck in my house. I think the white contrasting stitching, the weird thumb pocket is awesome. The only thing I dont love is the cast button and little pin thing can be a bit fiddly. I also found that they are larger then they say on site.

I don't regret buying them, great purchase!

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn’t you solve that w your resolute denim already. These are kinda weird bad but could be good w next level styling kinda jeans
Yeah I love my Resolute was just about to buy another pair, but was just wondering if I should try something diff. I think I'm not cool enough for next level styling, will probably end up looking bad haha

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.