• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

surrender

Reaction score

y'all could watch my dumb ass and the other folks in the shop go through our staff picks. fuckin' hate how i look in videos

Man, I love the 992s - was able to get a grey pair from Kith. Really wish I had gotten the tans, but I found out too late and they sold out right away

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man, I love the 992s - was able to get a grey pair from Kith. Really wish I had gotten the tans, but I found out too late and they sold out right away
I’m down to just a size 12 (maybe sold now, I haven’t been in in two day), but I feel cheated that I didn’t snag a pair personally. The shape is so cool. Timothy got a pair and he is usually wearing all tan anyway, ha. Do you have any 997s? I might hop on that train...

surrender

Reaction score
I’m down to just a size 12 (maybe sold now, I haven’t been in in two day), but I feel cheated that I didn’t snag a pair personally. The shape is so cool. Timothy got a pair and he is usually wearing all tan anyway, ha. Do you have any 997s? I might hop on that train...

No 997s, but I just picked up a pair of tan Salomon XT-Quests to tide me over. Also, I’m a big fan of Karhu - they’re not as chunky as 99Xs, but they do a great job with their vivid colors.

blacklight

Reaction score
Recent grad here. Had to turn down a big money offer in my target industry over a week ago now (would've been my first full-time job since graduation) as moving halfway across the country without F&F support seemed a terrible idea given the circumstances. Word got out of a hiring freeze pretty much the next day.

Hard choices all around, it seems.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You look friendly. I wouldn't worry. I started out doing a lot of radio episodes and then videos, and refused to listen to myself on the radio. When I eventually did, I was shocked to hear that I sound like I'm in slow motion. So, I had to make a great effort to speed up and make lots of hand gestures to animate my voice.

You could have gone into jazz radio DJing. That's my favorite slow-mo dj style. Slowly reading the liner notes, sidemen, dates, etc.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could have gone into jazz radio DJing. That's my favorite slow-mo dj style. Slowly reading the liner notes, sidemen, dates, etc.
Ooh, now why didn’t I think of that?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realizing this is thorny subject, I feel compelled to ask: is now really the time to be purchasing expensive clothing and accessories? I say this as someone who very recently decided to buy a pair of Celine loafers and boots.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realizing this is thorny subject, I feel compelled to ask: is now really the time to be purchasing expensive clothing and accessories? I say this as someone who very recently decided to buy a pair of Celine loafers and boots.

All depends on your situation, right? I certainly wouldn't be buying stuff if I had lost my job or was worried about that. But at the same time, keeping commerce flowing is a damn good thing if you have the means. Tricky times, these.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frankly sometimes I just can't help myself. But probably not, no. I might have to stop visiting here for a bit if I really want to curb spending.

Obviously some people on this forum have wildly different financial pictures than others. But I think everyone should consider what would happen if they suddenly had no income coming in. On the other hand, I think continuing to do normal stuff like shopping a little is keeping us sane?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think if you have very little in savings, it's prudent to watch out for yourself first. But if you have some money saved up and you're looking to purchase something, I think it's good to support companies you care about right now. I haven't made any big purchases since the quarantine, but I've made some small purchases. Been trying to do it at smaller businesses, who I think could use the money right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads