• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live with Paul Kelly of S.E.H. Kelly on Friday, April 10, 7:00 a.m. PDT

Wake up tomorrow and tune in as Peter talks to Paul Kelly of S.E.H Kelly, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 7:00 a.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delicious, but after that much heavy food, I can only assume that you fell dead asleep 3 minutes after clearing the dishes.
We had a lot of left overs. It's gonna be a great week!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
We had a lot of left overs. It's gonna be a great week!
I feel you. We have much of a great cake, top notch chocolate truffles, and boeuf bourguignon left over as well. Of course, also 3 kids, so it's not going to last the week, but that's fine as well.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Would like Buttero to bring back the Chukka sneaker thing they did a few years ago

And the colourways they did for Umit Benan

Not the piece you’re referencing but those Suede sandals are the shit. Cool thing about them is the sole is also suede so when you wear the shit out of them they develop into a gorgeous smooth leather

Phrost

Reaction score
Is it time to bring back velour sweatsuits, ultra wide JNCO jeans and UFO pants? Starting to feel old and reminiscing about the good old days of Pelle Pelle and Avirex leathers... ☹

I’m glad the goth ninja trend was short-lived. At least the people on Tatooine added colors to their wardrobe.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for a steamer that's not Steamfast brand? Had two die on me already.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just curious how your Steamfast died? My first one died after what seemed like 6-7 years due to build up. Second one I rinsed the canister with vinegar to clean out water residue and build up as maintenance. No vinegar smell as I feared. Will probably do it again and clean around summer depending on use.

Interested to hear other recommendations as well as cleaning methods. I’ve never had to dry clean shirts since owning my own steamer. Wish I could say the same about pressing my own jackets and pants (full disclosure I haven’t tried yet 😊).

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First one just stopped working one day after about 1.5-2 years. Second one I had to get rid of just this week because something started leaking and rusting inside and droplets of rusty water would drip out from one of the bottom vents. Second one lasted around 2 years as well.

There was also sediment build up even though I only used distilled water so not sure what was going on with that.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like hit or miss. I’ve looked into others before but wasn’t sure if spending the extra money would avoid all the issues experienced before.
Plus, other steamers looked to be outfitted with more than I’d need it for.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1582139848932.jpeg

We’ve replaced the steamer in favor of this. It’s great at removing wrinkles, and also misting into your coffee at every opportunity.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.