• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people at weddings these days even know the difference between a casual suit and a formal suit? I feel like a suit of any kind that's not purple velvet is formal for most people

Why would i not be able to show up in a green cord suit to a wedding. It's not like I'm wearing Pyrex
I wore a wool burgundy corduroy Camoshita suit with a turtleneck to a formal holiday party in downtown Boston last year and everyone loved it.

Little did they know the back of my waistband was elastic.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people at weddings these days even know the difference between a casual suit and a formal suit? I feel like a suit of any kind that's not purple velvet is formal for most people

Why would i not be able to show up in a green cord suit to a wedding. It's not like I'm wearing Pyrex
I've always maintained that people who don't know anything about fashion are still conditioned enough by it to notice when something is out of place, even if they can't express it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think so. At a wedding, everyone is dressed in blue or grey worsted suits because that's what they have. I think if you showed up in a brown corduroy or a tan gab, you would stick out.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so. At a wedding, everyone is dressed in blue or grey worsted suits because that's what they have. I think if you showed up in a brown corduroy or a tan gab, you would stick out.
Second this. You’d look good, but that’s not the point at someone else’s wedding. Or rather, it’s subordinate to sticking out.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally think that when you attend someone's wedding the most important consideration is how conspicuously you can signal that you look down on business-oriented suiting options and how committed you are to a lifestyle of expensive casualwear

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I personally think that when you attend someone's wedding the most important consideration is how conspicuously you can signal that you look down on business-oriented suiting options and how committed you are to a lifestyle of expensive casualwear
"actually, this is a BlazerSuit, the suit jacket can be worn on its own"

*takes off pants*

"see?"

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
a quote from the next front page article?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno. I’m at the wedding to fuck and eat poached eggs. Not get married. How am I supposed to do either of those things if I don’t look like a Wes Anderson character?
What kind of pawg Hunter are you!? Weddings are open season. So I'm told.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Wedding? Going to have to go with a Navy suit, thin cream silk scarf underneath and on the beach....that’s about it

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First semester is finishing up show me what you produced so I can studio crit it harshly
Here's a few basic things I've done so far. Next semester, we are designing an apparel line and I'm taking a sewing course. :slayer: I've gotten some nice recognition considering it's my first semester :hide:

Backpack prototype

Backpack final sketch

Single tent sketch

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%