• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm @dieworkwear how useful is a casual suit a la Camoshita? I'm thinking I could get away with it in some pretty reasonably formal situations given where we're at. Though I might be better served putting the funds toward a proper tuxedo.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmmm @dieworkwear how useful is a casual suit a la Camoshita? I'm thinking I could get away with it in some pretty reasonably formal situations given where we're at. Though I might be better served putting the funds toward a proper tuxedo.

Hm, I find that, for events where you need to wear a suit, such as weddings, you need something more formal than a casual suit. So then a casual suit has to be a "fun suit." You have to have a certain lifestyle that allows you to wear things for fun, and you have to be willing to look a little more dressed up compared to other people.

I have a few casual suits in linen, corduroy, and gabardine. The suits that can be worn as separates are definitely more versatile cause I can wear the jackets as sport coats. But the dressier casual suits force me to wear the pieces together, which can also be nice.

I have a friend who organizes pop up food events, and he often has occasions to wear casual suits because of his job. I mostly wear mine to parties or special occasions. FWIW, they definitely get worn more than my formal suits though, which I rarely wear because I just don't have a very business orientated lifestyle.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disappointed a cotton suit has not made your list for casual wear

I guess cord counts ?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@jtj48 is there a reason you don’t want that Lady White one? It should be available at some places still.
there’s a nice wool Jil track top but it’s $$$
822D7E94-C6E4-4E42-8265-4AFD5B0E9068.jpeg

1/4 zip tops are pretty common though, you should be able to find something at a lot of price ranges.

jtj48

Reaction score
@jtj48 is there a reason you don’t want that Lady White one? It should be available at some places still.
there’s a nice wool Jil track top but it’s $$$

1/4 zip tops are pretty common though, you should be able to find something at a lot of price ranges.

Just can't find the Lady White in a large anywhere or else I'd get it. And yeah, came across that Jil yesterday and really like it. Might go for it, but I'm looking around for something cheaper first because... damn.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I find that, for events where you need to wear a suit, such as weddings, you need something more formal than a casual suit. So then a casual suit has to be a "fun suit." You have to have a certain lifestyle that allows you to wear things for fun, and you have to be willing to look a little more dressed up compared to other people.

I have a few casual suits in linen, corduroy, and gabardine. The suits that can be worn as separates are definitely more versatile cause I can wear the jackets as sport coats. But the dressier casual suits force me to wear the pieces together, which can also be nice.

I have a friend who organizes pop up food events, and he often has occasions to wear casual suits because of his job. I mostly wear mine to parties or special occasions. FWIW, they definitely get worn more than my formal suits though, which I rarely wear because I just don't have a very business orientated lifestyle.

Do people at weddings these days even know the difference between a casual suit and a formal suit? I feel like a suit of any kind that's not purple velvet is formal for most people

Why would i not be able to show up in a green cord suit to a wedding. It's not like I'm wearing Pyrex

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads