• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
After the chunky ugly dad shoes trend, I can understand placing a small wager on dress shoe/sneaker hybrids being next (I think they already tried that with a few things?).
Prada is also making stuff like this, even more distorted tho.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
"I love Hitler," Galliano said in a video obtained by Britain's Sun newspaper. "Your mother, your forefathers would be f---ing gassed and f---ing dead."

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hitler fetishist at most.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
On a less creepy note, why are Margiela doing this

Like who has taken it upon themselves to just ruin their footwear in the past 5 years or so, either making monstrosities or tabi everything

Hot Take:
Margiela = bad
WTF fellas? I personally contacted Galliano to design these for me

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
most of these people's legacies, Galliano, Margiela, etc, are built on the womenswear side anyway. it's hard to judge them on their menswear collections because menswear is such an afterthought. and menswear is often much more restrictive in terms of what's considered to be "good design."

but yea, galliano margiela is often awful. raf is often terrible. demna is far and away the worst.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of these people's legacies, Galliano, Margiela, etc, are built on the womenswear side anyway. it's hard to judge them on their menswear collections because menswear is such an afterthought. and menswear is often much more restrictive in terms of what's considered to be "good design."

but yea, galliano margiela is often awful. raf is often terrible. demna is far and away the worst.
As long as it's expensive.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Looking for some heavy casual pants for winter. Thinking relaxed, pleated, textured, tapered. Would be worn with boots, chunky sweaters, duffle coats, parkas, etc. Any recommendations?

#dadcore

Reaction score
I know that ads keep the lights on here but GOD DAMN these are the fucking ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen
33861D5D-BDAA-4A03-B526-B4C2D1EEC6B6.png

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair point.
I've never looked at Margiela womens but I also can't really imagine Galliano showing restraint. And I dislike Margiela enough that I have no desire to actively go and seek womenswear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fair point.
I've never looked at Margiela womens but I also can't really imagine Galliano showing restraint. And I dislike Margiela enough that I have no desire to actively go and seek womenswear.
Galliano's Dior stuff was really good. But again, all womenswear side. The lavishness of those designs plays better in that sort of field anyway, whereas men tend to be more conservative.

Similarly, Margiela's stuff often works better on women. Tabi boots are a perfect example, even if I wish we as men could wear Tabi boots. Those flat pattern leather jackets I posted in the leather jacket thread also work better on women.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.