• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JFC...
Just had a good laugh with the wife over this.
PS she says guys in rugby jumpers and short shorts are hot.

Does she also like mullets?
She could be a big Warrick Capper fan.
817cdc301f458f363ec937af8835aa95.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the school rugby, very much so. In addition, I think for British people, wearing rugby shirts outside of the game is something that only rich, conservative, ex-private school men do. It's that 'image' that Ralph Lauren and others who promoted rugby shirts in the US context were seeking, of course decontextualized and freed of any negative connotations, and it's spread from there. But I can't see myself ever wanting to wear a rugby shirt.

chouinard made rugby shirts popular with mountain climbers, afaik he got them from umbro. i think 'context'gets somewhat overblown. i mean they're hot with short shorts, and isn't that enough?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some sleek black/brown boots for max £400? I want the Margiela cubans but they are impossible to get now. Been looking at Story et Fall but their website is really broken? There's barely any pics and I can barely tell if they are still in business.

...they can be found all over the place. How about some red pythons?

BEDE7F9A-9529-4E1B-B9F1-8DC016439D08.jpeg

These were sadly vetoed by MsDB9 haha

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@malcb33 i can’t do the legit rugby. Thick, coarse cotton and the flex rubber buttons. Too many memories of high school rugby.
but rugby style knit polos can be dope.
There’s a nice micro cable knit one from the CHCM house line I’m just waiting for it to go online.
I prefer ones with a full button placket or open collar, but this kind of stuff...

Long sleeve polos are wildly underrated round these parts. Me personally I love the Tom Fords

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You are going to regret not getting these.

Hey man happy wife, happy life. She does love these though so I’m making the case as to why Replica 50’s Havana Python Red boots are awesome. Probably going to go with: “Babe they are replicas of Cubans...just like us!”

BFFF66AB-A912-4109-A5DE-BC69E8CF517F.jpeg

happyriverz

Reaction score
Does Jil Sander no longer have any of its own stores in the US? I went to the Chicago location over the weekend and found out that it closed and is now a Goop store, and went online and saw that the website no longer listed any US stores. It's a shame, because I feel like the current iteration of Jil Sander really benefits from a B&M presence because a lot of what is interesting about the pieces can only be discerned in person.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I grew up in Miami (well, Hialeah), and distinctly remember wrapping myself up in a jacket, sweater and scarf when the weather hit... 50 degrees

Haha thats also me man, can’t lie. The weather hits 70...let alone 60 and I’m wearing knits and turtle necks. I wasn’t made for cold, I’m like the Jamaican bobsled team in Calgary

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does Jil Sander no longer have any of its own stores in the US? I went to the Chicago location over the weekend and found out that it closed and is now a Goop store, and went online and saw that the website no longer listed any US stores. It's a shame, because I feel like the current iteration of Jil Sander really benefits from a B&M presence because a lot of what is interesting about the pieces can only be discerned in person.

Oh geez. What can be in a Goop store. Pretty sure we don't want to know.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goop

jtj48

Reaction score
Is Mr. Porter's site really screwed up for anyone else right now? I can't log in to my account or add things to my cart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads