• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Peter1

Reaction score
I have to say I am a little surprised that Put This On has only just noticed Blundstones and seems to think they are a new fashion thing. Even my lowly hometown shoe shop in rural Ontario has carried Blundstones for years. They were just normal amongst friends back when I lived in Britain over ten years ago. Never mind willowy boho girls, they are one of the standard lazy person's go-to choices and have been for ages - if you don't care about choosing shoes or boots and just want one thing, then Blundstones will do you. A bit like DMs or Timberland boots. I've never really been into them not so much because of their entirely unremarkable aesthetics, but mainly because I've seen with friends who've had them how bad their quality control is; they seem to have a tendency to split in various different places and aren't as hard-wearing as the might first appear to be. Plus the soles tend to wear through remarkably quickly (and of course you can't resole them). But then perhaps that doesn't matter if all you want is an affordable boot 'for the fall'...
I saw that article. Not 2 months ago I good willed my pair of Made in Australia Blunnies, super thick leather and lots of life left in them. I think I paid $75 for them in 2003 or so... They're like Docs or Birkenstocks, will come back around every 10 years or so. Just hadn't worn them in years...

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so quick n ugly story i got a shitty diagnosis a couple years back and had to go through the 6 months of treatment etc. whatever. point is i got rid of basically everything in my life which in hindsight was extremely constructive thing to do

but every now and again something reminds me of something i wish i could've kept, a pair of MIE ponyhair Docs being on that list. the topper was a 'forever' martin d-18 that they don't even make anymore. boo.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full Q&A from World Premier

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone read Japanese? What does this mean.. pulled off a yahoo auctions listing.

★他サイトにも出品している為急な削除もあります。ご入札をお考えの方は早めの入札お願いします。

bleeh

Reaction score
Anyone read Japanese? What does this mean.. pulled off a yahoo auctions listing.

★他サイトにも出品している為急な削除もあります。ご入札をお考えの方は早めの入札お願いします。
Based on Google translate - Also listed on another site so the listing might be pulled down early. If you are thinking of bidding, act fast.

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on Google translate - Also listed on another site so the listing might be pulled down early. If you are thinking of bidding, act fast.
Oh word, thanks! Wow google chrome translate gave me a whole different result.

bleeh

Reaction score
Oh word, thanks! Wow google chrome translate gave me a whole different result.
I went for Japanese -> Korean because I heard Google does that a lot better than Japanese -> English. I agree that straight to English is just gibberish.

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went for Japanese -> Korean because I heard Google does that a lot better than Japanese -> English. I agree that straight to English is just gibberish.
Oh shit, great tip. Thanks!

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This the first time he's appeared in public this visible? Not a MMM follower, but I've never seen him before until now.
This guy spoke to Margiela.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 138 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 260 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 125 15.8%