• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My shearling is due to be delievered today. It's 84 degrees out.

update: just saw the UPS truck speed off without delivering said shearling. I tried to chase after him... (0).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trailer for the coming ralph lauren documentary

also sorry to fok who's very wrong in not liking ralph lauren

He's really grown on me.

In terms of his clothing, I have always liked RRL, like, for nearly 20 years now. And I've maintained for a long time thaf if you want a good, serviceable, suit, with no fuss, you should immediately go to a Ralph Lauren store. I think that half of my wife's wardrobe is Ralph Lauren.

Maybe you're mistaking my not liking the 90s stuff, but I really have a hard time getting into whimsical clothing in general.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much this, he sped off. No other truck has come.
Are you signed up for ups? You can track the truck. For time sensitive things, I will sometimes intercept the driver before he gets to the shipping address! They are usually happy to give me the package. It saves them a trip and another interaction with a crazy man.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trailer for the coming ralph lauren documentary

also sorry to fok who's very wrong in not liking ralph lauren

My appreciation for Ralph didn't start until like 2 years ago when I started thrifting a lot. That's about 10 years previously ignoring his stuff. Even though I liked RRL, I completely ignore his other stuff. But pretty much every RRL piece has an equivalent Polo item. I have a lot of Polo flannels that are tripple stitched through-out that I like better than the RRL flannels I've had (better cuts too). Anyways, you don't need to know this, as you already know. But I just equated Ralph to the pretty horrible stuff made the past 10 years sold in Macy's.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
He's really grown on me.

In terms of his clothing, I have always liked RRL, like, for nearly 20 years now. And I've maintained for a long time thaf if you want a good, serviceable, suit, with no fuss, you should immediately go to a Ralph Lauren store. I think that half of my wife's wardrobe is Ralph Lauren.

Maybe you're mistaking my not liking the 90s stuff, but I really have a hard time getting into whimsical clothing in general.

I don't like Ralph Lauren...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My appreciation for Ralph didn't start until like 2 years ago when I started thrifting a lot. That's about 10 years previously ignoring his stuff. Even though I liked RRL, I completely ignore his other stuff. But pretty much every RRL piece has an equivalent Polo item. I have a lot of Polo flannels that are tripple stitched through-out that I like better than the RRL flannels I've had (better cuts too). Anyways, you don't need to know this, as you already know. But I just equated Ralph to the pretty horrible stuff made the past 10 years sold in Macy's.

RL always had a wide range (more than 10 years), in terms of tactical stuff I still prefer my old RLBL to a lot more recent ones, and RLPL outside tailoring still has interesting things (just smelled more “old” money, though less so these days)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's really grown on me.

A big part of my wife's wardrobe is RL as well. No joy on the suits, though. Their Polo stuff has gone downhill since they shifted manufacture to Eastern Europe. Croatia I think? I check out their Georgetown store periodically and the CM is stuff is uninteresting. Anyway,RLPL still seems nice if very expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads