• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Style inspo still a thing? I don't really see it much any more, at least outside of CM.
Like a single human that people want to dress like or blogs and things that people follow to get "inspo"?
During the Tumblr days and early Pinterest and IG days when Wooster was reposted a million times and there were pictures of Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando all over the place, which I still see in CM spaces.
I remember thinking Eugene Tong was awesome (I still think he dresses cool... I just wouldn't think of emulating him).
Anyway, I'm just curious because I don't really see it much anymore but ~5 years ago that seemed to be one of the core foundations of all of those apps. Maybe because all of the people that used to repost those things are now posting their own fits?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Style inspo still a thing? I don't really see it much any more, at least outside of CM.
Like a single human that people want to dress like or blogs and things that people follow to get "inspo"?
During the Tumblr days and early Pinterest and IG days when Wooster was reposted a million times and there were pictures of Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando all over the place, which I still see in CM spaces.
I remember thinking Eugene Tong was awesome (I still think he dresses cool... I just wouldn't think of emulating him).
Anyway, I'm just curious because I don't really see it much anymore but ~5 years ago that seemed to be one of the core foundations of all of those apps. Maybe because all of the people that used to repost those things are now posting their own fits?
"To have a good instance of qualitative populism we no longer need the Piazza Venezia in Rome or the Nuremberg Stadium. There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People." - Umberto Eco, Ur-Fascism (1995)

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
I'm gonna wade in late on the turkey discussion as a professional to say that it is indeed all about properly seasoning and not overcooking it. "Dry brine" is one way of looking at properly salting and seasoning meat, but let's not kid ourselves, you need to cook any meat only just as much as it should be, not more and not less. Some meats are forgiving, but turkey isn't. If it's not done right, it's done wrong.

I don't know fuckall about the history of holidays, but I don know if there's a reason for you to pay me extra to make you a "special" meal I'll take that fucking money.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in Tokyo, my first observation from a cursory view of fashion magazines and street style here is that the return of wider pants is now strting to go to extremes with ridiculously wide and sloppy long pants. It's really not a good look for most people. Be warned...

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until the end of today, Alpha Shadows are doing 50% off all new season (automatic at checkout). Some pieces from Bode, Boncoura, orSlow etc available. Apparently they're not closing down, so must be needing to raise cash for something quickly

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.