• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

bamgrinus

Reaction score
I mean personally, I like turkey enough that I buy a big 25 pounder even if I'm traveling for the holiday, and cook it so I get like 3-4 weeks of leftovers out of it (including soup).

shopcanoeclub

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@bamgrinus there is nothing quite like the feeling of having a 3 or 4 pound plate of leftover thanksgiving food to absolutely demolish in the name of gluttony laying on your couch with your dog.

@Coffandcig I'll do bacon tho don't get me wrong. I'm mostly full of shit.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
@bamgrinus there is nothing quite like the feeling of having a 3 or 4 pound plate of leftover thanksgiving food to absolutely demolish in the name of gluttony laying on your couch with your dog.

@Coffandcig I'll do bacon tho don't get me wrong. I'm mostly full of shit.
As my buddy so eloquently stated, "There's room for all of God's creations right next to the mashed potatoes".

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, most poultry is lean, unless you're talking about duck. Not really too concerned with the fat content considering that it's usually served with gravy.
if you just want eat gravy and stuffing then why turkey in the first place...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
turkey is good. just add gravy until it isn't dry

why isn't there a halloween eve or thanksgiving eve? there needs to be more eve holidays other than christmas eve and new year's eve
well Halloween is the “eve” of
All Saints Day, isn’t it? When we all shop at All Saints?

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
turkey is good. just add gravy until it isn't dry

why isn't there a halloween eve or thanksgiving eve? there needs to be more eve holidays other than christmas eve and new year's eve
halloween is short for 'all hallow's eve' or some such. it is the eve before a period of remembrance of the dead. so really there is already a halloween eve. imo your point still stands and maybe even more fun for being an eve of an eve, sort of like partying on thursday night

bamgrinus

Reaction score
90% of cooking a turkey right is just not overcooking it. Spatchcocking it helps a lot, so it cooks more evenly. Otherwise you're doing shit like putting tinfoil over the breast. But I think a lot of people who normally don't cook much feel obligated to on Thanksgiving, and don't really know what they're doing. A chicken's gonna taste pretty damn dry too if you don't pull it from the oven until it's 190.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.