• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

this outfit looks like it loves saying "can you do mine next?" when it sees a neighbor washing his car.

bencap

Reaction score
I like a fair amount of individual pieces from Junya, especially workwear Junya. There's a lot of jackets that I love, in fact I'm a big fan of the outerwear in general. I totally agree with @OccultaVexillum that *full Junya* (IE: the looks in runway shows) are rarely appealing to me: either boring or wayyy too unwearable looking. Plus, I usually hate all the more tailored pieces.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Youre saying Junya is another Virgil?

I feel like Junya is phoning it in most of the time for his menswear, as he’s more interested in his womenswear collections.

motosacto

Reaction score
Digging this jacket. Love Junya

View attachment 1237263
The jacket is the jacket, but the rest does have a little of the “trad dressed by the internet” look going.

Shell cordovan gunboats? Check.
Rigid denim with cuffs? Check.
Gingham shirt? Check.
Tweed flat cap? Check.

All wearable, but not exactly groundbreaking...

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
SLP Jimmy for Inspo

happyriverz

Reaction score
Any interesting stores in Portland, OR to check out? I only know Frances May, but am interested in checking out others. Not really interested in CM or heritage/Americana/workwear-y type stuff.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ramdomthought

Reaction score
Any interesting stores in Portland, OR to check out? I only know Frances May, but am interested in checking out others. Not really interested in CM or heritage/Americana/workwear-y type stuff.

Definitely more of a womenswear shop but standupcomedy is always a good stop in Portland that carries a number of great unisex pieces/accessories (see: 69, BLESS, schneider, cosmic wonder, Kapital, etc)

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As was noted, Machus is a good stop. Then, Snow Peak, Michael Allen, Mario's, Collier, Lizard Lounge (not much cool stuff anymore, but worth popping in if you're in the area), Canoe, Self Edge, Patagonia. Powell's Books is a killer bookstore.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As was noted, Machus is a good stop. Then, Snow Peak, Michael Allen, Mario's, Collier, Lizard Lounge (not much cool stuff anymore, but worth popping in if you're in the area), Canoe, Self Edge, Patagonia. Powell's Books is a killer bookstore.
I feel like Powell's is sorta a bit too much of a tourist destination these days. I mean, I'm glad that they have the business, it's hard being a bookseller in 2019, but Powells feels like a busy restaurant, or cafeteria. Part of the nice thing about bookstores is the ability to just peruse without other people getting into your space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads