1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random comments thread

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by LA Guy, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hi guys,

This is the thread in which comments on, suggestions for, and whatever random thoughts you might have about anything in this section should be posted.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

Not every brand shows at every city. Sorry.

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Not every brand shows at every city. Sorry.

Yeah, I felt a little bait-n-switched by the capsule site, which had Garbstore and Mjolk, among others I would have liked to see, on the list until just a few days before the show. I think they may have just had a generic capsule list up and posted the actual NY list late. Just speculation.

ARW, I think you would have enjoyed Creep, for which we'll post some pics, and Vanishing Elephant, who I checked out but didn't speak with.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah, I felt a little bait-n-switched by the capsule site, which had Garbstore and Mjolk, among others I would have liked to see, on the list until just a few days before the show. I think they may have just had a generic capsule list up and posted the actual NY list late. Just speculation.

ARW, I think you would have enjoyed Creep, for which we'll post some pics, and Vanishing Elephant, who I checked out but didn't speak with.

More like, fashion folks can be flaky. Last minute cancellations are not uncommon.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Monitaly would have been awesome.

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

This seems like an appropriate place to thanks you guys for this coverage -- I've really enjoyed reading it.

8. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

Monitaly would have been awesome.
    It was awesome. We have photos and word but I don't know what is the status of it being published.

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

Where is Mjolk? [​IMG]
    Mjolk seems to have totally dropped off the map. Back in october, I emailed the website to know when FW09 was supposed to hit the stores. They replied asking if they could help me to order something directly. After a while, it turned out they couldn't help me with the FW09 collection and redirected me to the 2-3 known stockists (which still seem to carry the same old stuff). I also emailed bespokeboutique in the UK, they told me they were arranging for the delivery of some of the jackets and knits but since then Mjolk is no longer on their brands list [​IMG] Or maybe it's just an Australian thing and we'll get the winter stuff in spring... didn't the label move to NY though ?

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Fok, Mag, and shoreman did a great job writing up reviews, I enjoyed reading them. I haven't looked into Odyn Vovk, they seem interesting, and I am definitely considering a SNS knit now.

12. onion

onion Senior member

Edit: Fail on my part. Missed the thread started by LA Guy entirely. [​IMG] Moved my post to the Frost Birgens thread.

13. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

when are you guys going to cover krane? can't wait for pics on fw 2010 jackets + coats
    kudos to great job on the rest, i can now plan out my budget more wisely

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

when are you guys going to cover krane? can't wait for pics on fw 2010 jackets + coats
    kudos to great job on the rest, i can now plan out my budget more wisely

Capsule Vegas in a few weeks.

15. APK

APK Senior member

You guys did an excellent job spotlighting all of the wonderful things I can't afford. This will prove to be an invaluable primer for many people on a number of brands.

16. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I love the idea of these--it'd be nice to see some negative commentary as well though since you all are voices in fashion we can trust--with both the positive and the negative, and I feel having a more balanced perspective would add more to the authenticity of these reviews--I'm sure you're only reviewing brands you like to begin with, but every brand has its flaws.

17. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Is it really necessary to write "NEW" in the thread topic titles? We'll see it. Inevitably this entire front page is going to be full of "NEW" topics.

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yeah, YOU'LL see it, but we want to remind the occasional reader that we're still putting up new content. When a thread has been up a few days to a week, I'll pull the "NEW." [​IMG]

To lmaozedong, I endeavored to be honest in my reviews and my reactions are authentic, although the digs may be more subtle than the positive comments. And yeah, there's some damning with faint praise, or lack of coverage. There's still more to come, of course.

And the guideline to keep comments civil doesn't mean you guys can't call an ugly shoe ugly.

19. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

To lmaozedong, I endeavored to be honest in my reviews and my reactions are authentic, although the digs may be more subtle than the positive comments. And yeah, there's some damning with faint praise, or lack of coverage. There's still more to come, of course.

Oh yeah--I definitely know you're being honest. That's part of why these reviews are so great--we all know you honestly love these products and are passionate about them.

20. Desi

Desi Senior member

is there going to be Las Vegas capsule converge as well? I want to see what Thorocraft (footwear) is up too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.