• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

MMiUSA

Reaction score
I've got the plain toe derbies (Sanfords) in caramel shell. I would have multiple Bartletts as well if Allen Edmonds' Strand didn't edge them out in fit!

What is off with the fit?

Thanks for the feedback.

I had a pair of wingtips and two pair of the pebble grain Greenwood shoes and found them all to be well-built and comfortable. I was not a fan of the soft soles of the Greenwoods and had one pair resoled. I probably would’ve had the other resoled as well but better-fitting pairs eased them out of my lineup. I enjoyed wearing all three pairs but all were wider in the heels than I liked, and I eventually decided the 115 last is not for me.

Edit: My eventual decision to give up the 115 aside, I think Rancourt makes excellent footwear and I frequently wear their loafers, mocs of various sorts, and boots.

Greenwoods:
View attachment 1268935
View attachment 1268937

Thanks for the pictures!
I have had the pleasure of being inside the factory for both Rancourt and Quoddy and I love them both. I have owned multiples of each brand. I definitely trust them, just trying to decide why I should go with them for a more formal shoe compared to the normal AE/ Alden I would tend to float towards. There isn’t many resources on their formal shoes compared to their loafers / Mocs and boots, unfortunately.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is off with the fit?

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the pictures!
I have had the pleasure of being inside the factory for both Rancourt and Quoddy and I love them both. I have owned multiples of each brand. I definitely trust them, just trying to decide why I should go with them for a more formal shoe compared to the normal AE/ Alden I would tend to float towards. There isn’t many resources on their formal shoes compared to their loafers / Mocs and boots, unfortunately.
Much like above, the heel is a bit larger than i'd like. It works, but AE 65 is just a better match in the heel. Also, the 115 will look like AE's 511, which may feel less formal to some.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm so excited, they are forecasting lows around 19F over the weekend. That means I can test the Shearling lined boots I bought on preorder, that were delivered in May, long after shearling lined boot season was over. They have been sitting in the bags all summer........

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Halloween! It was 91F here on October 1st, 31F today. Shearling lined bison boots getting a test today.
IMG_9306.jpeg
IMG_9304.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great bud! Looks like those are more than capable of keeping you nice and warm!

That is a crazy temperature swing in 1 month!

-Mike
They are so warm my feet were almost sweating, even being outside. I love it, the shearling lining is throughout the boot, footbed even. #nomorecoldtoes

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoe looks like it was just made for the navy shell, or vice versa :fonz:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Cold, snowy - View attachment 1277762 a good day for a Shearling lined boot
2 pair of Rancourt's in one day! Had to take wife to Urgent care place this evening (eye infection it turns out). Wore the Huckberry Rancourt's as they have a lugged sole and it's still snowy and icy out there. That's melted snow on the left boot, my aim is better than that. View attachment 1278203

Looking good in both today Dog. Glad that you got your aim homed in.

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads