• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bison!
20191017_085610.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am truly pleased to share with you, something very special... Custom ordered Penny Pinch Loafers and Boat Shoes made out of Horween's Color #4 Shell Cordovan.

View attachment 1254098

View attachment 1254088

View attachment 1254089

View attachment 1254090

View attachment 1254092

View attachment 1254093

View attachment 1254094

View attachment 1254095

View attachment 1254096

And of course, a comparison of Color #4's... Rancourt (2019), Rancourt (2019), Alden (2012).

View attachment 1254076

Monday. Rancourt Color #4 Shell Cordovan Penny Pinch Loafers.

View attachment 1254067

Wednesday. Rancourt Color #4 Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes.

View attachment 1254066

-Mike

Gentlemen - Those are all some outstanding makeups. I particularly like those loafers loafers @mdubs! I love Rancourt but I've never been able to get a good fit from their loafers. Thankfully, the Ranger Moc works perfectly for me and I just ordered another custom pair - this time in navy shell cordovan with their new "Caliber" sole. They should be here just in time for when the weather really turns for the worse.

CMT1

Reaction score
Espresso pinch pennies at Hell's Gate, Rotorua, New Zealand

C3Qnivw.jpg

xRjpmRG.jpg

5PohdhT.jpg

sBesQO8.jpg

Uojv3E4.jpg

ug5q7cU.jpg

xtfDkPt.jpg

It was a whim stop otherwise I would have worn athletic shoes, but they always clean up amazingly well with simple brushing:

gdLAypG.jpg

I love these loafers.

jnik

Reaction score

C3Qnivw.jpg

xRjpmRG.jpg

5PohdhT.jpg

sBesQO8.jpg

Uojv3E4.jpg

ug5q7cU.jpg

xtfDkPt.jpg

It was a whim stop otherwise I would have worn athletic shoes, but they always clean up amazingly well with simple brushing:

gdLAypG.jpg

I love these loafers.
Beautiful shoes. I was just eyeing these in Color 8 but the espresso looks real good. They seem to be enjoying the trip.

CMT1

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes. I was just eyeing these in Color 8 but the espresso looks real good. They seem to be enjoying the trip.

You can't go wrong with either color. I personally prefer Color #8, but I had so much of it already in the closet that a brown loafer made more sense. I'm happy I went with espresso because it left Color 8 for an LHS, which I would never find in brown. Not with my black hole of patience, at least.

After New Zealand, caramel Read boats in Fiji:

ISNVUMg.jpg

DBI3vM6.jpg

iw7kqrL.jpg

VoN2DtQ.jpg

EWCjP21.jpg

fuJtmVW.jpg

OdAsZRg.jpg

xS5YtER.jpg

MpS6aDR.jpg

NqpAQoX.jpg

piPLEhh.jpg

Xit61If.jpg

wzjz87i.jpg

This was our first real vacation since our 2011 Tuscan honeymoon, so it was 100% full-on fun time sans abandon.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

C3Qnivw.jpg

xRjpmRG.jpg

5PohdhT.jpg

sBesQO8.jpg

Uojv3E4.jpg

ug5q7cU.jpg

xtfDkPt.jpg

gdLAypG.jpg

I love these loafers.

Dude, you love those loafers for a darn good reason, they are super awesome. Rancourts Unlined Loafers are completely under appreciated, but that’s okay as it makes them easier to get. Glad that they had a great trip with you!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Both are great. I actually just started a pair in Brown Shell. I asked them if they could do Brown Shell in lighter shades as they dye it themselves.

Rancourt’s standard Brown Shell Cordovan is stained three separate times, so I asked if I could get a sample of dyed once, twice, and their standard three times. Results are below with an Alden Cigar Boot as a reference (plus I was wearing them that day)...
E069AF7C-B67E-43D2-8419-23F296D2A216.jpeg

L to R. 1, 2, 3 coats of Brown Dye

I decided to go with the middle, twice dyed, felt like it was a nice balance of consistent color with darkness.

Looking forward to getting my next Penny Pinches.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with either color. I personally prefer Color #8, but I had so much of it already in the closet that a brown loafer made more sense. I'm happy I went with espresso because it left Color 8 for an LHS, which I would never find in brown. Not with my black hole of patience, at least.

After New Zealand, caramel Read boats in Fiji:

ISNVUMg.jpg

DBI3vM6.jpg

iw7kqrL.jpg

VoN2DtQ.jpg

EWCjP21.jpg

fuJtmVW.jpg

OdAsZRg.jpg

xS5YtER.jpg

MpS6aDR.jpg

NqpAQoX.jpg

piPLEhh.jpg

Xit61If.jpg

wzjz87i.jpg

This was our first real vacation since our 2011 Tuscan honeymoon, so it was 100% full-on fun time sans abandon.

Dude. Awesome that you got to do a mega vacation and have the time of your life. Such a beautiful environment there.

Your Reed Boat Shoes are just phenomenal and looks like they had a good trip with you!

-Mike

CMT1

Reaction score
Thanks my man, appreciate the good press and we had a hell of a time!

Those boots are really sharp and I'd have a hard time sending them back as well. It's beyond cool that they are letting you choose the hue of brown - That's insane. I'd choose the double dye as well, but the single dip could be cool on the right casual footwear and it would be very interesting to see how it ages.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Seriously flirting with pushing the button on a pair of Rancourt's "dress shoes" (balmoral or derby). Anybody here have any input? I tried them on when I visited Maine, thought they were comfortable and clean but I am curious of long term impressions or pictures of different make-ups and colors.

Thanks!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously flirting with pushing the button on a pair of Rancourt's "dress shoes" (balmoral or derby). Anybody here have any input? I tried them on when I visited Maine, thought they were comfortable and clean but I am curious of long term impressions or pictures of different make-ups and colors.

Thanks!
I've got the plain toe derbies (Sanfords) in caramel shell. I would have multiple Bartletts as well if Allen Edmonds' Strand didn't edge them out in fit!

Pedlar

Reaction score

Thanks!
I had a pair of wingtips and two pair of the pebble grain Greenwood shoes and found them all to be well-built and comfortable. I was not a fan of the soft soles of the Greenwoods and had one pair resoled. I probably would’ve had the other resoled as well but better-fitting pairs eased them out of my lineup. I enjoyed wearing all three pairs but all were wider in the heels than I liked, and I eventually decided the 115 last is not for me.

Edit: My eventual decision to give up the 115 aside, I think Rancourt makes excellent footwear and I frequently wear their loafers, mocs of various sorts, and boots.

Greenwoods:
6520ED5A-3ABE-4949-B307-0B6F5F0D7EC8.jpeg

EE72CDC7-3065-4AA9-9807-13A9AAB0D8D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads