• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I didn't even think about that, since it doesn't bother me. There was a bit of wrinkling right there from the factory. They were shinny as all get out this morning thanks to some attention recently, making it even more reflective.

You have reawakened my desire for more Rancourt caramel shell!

I imagine @mdubs caramel shell boat shoes will push me over the edge.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about how the Lactae Hevea soles wear on Rancourts, but in going through the thread photos, I couldn't really find many shots of well-worn (semi-abused) Rancourts with the Lactae Hevea sole. And there was a complete absence of sole shots... Anyone have some good examples? In particular the Country sole, but I'm not picky...
As an aside, I was wondering something this morning as I put these on.

If I understand the history correctly, the Lewiston factory:

Was a contractor for AE
Was purchased by AE
Was spin off as Rancourt

The question is, did AE offer Blake stitched shoes at some point, or did they change this out upon the AE exit?
I would assume their handsewns during that time, which would have been blake.

I think your chain of ownership is accurate, however, I don't think they started doing blake construction until a few years after the spinoff. I remember when they got the blake/rapid stitch machine; they posted about it on Instagram when they got it. I believe prior to that they only made hand-sewn models with no midsole.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Iotapa

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a bison Sherman moc, I already tried a Dresden in bison and I found going TTS had way too much heel slip although it had a tight instep so I'm going to try. 5 down. Will unlined cognac bison stretch or should I go up a width?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore my espresso pair today but forgot to take pics.

Are those black? Navy? Color 8? Green?

Hard to tell!
The blackest green you'll ever find! I've considered trying to lighten a bit

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blackest green you'll ever find! I've considered trying to lighten a bit

After I posted I saw the green tint at your medial right ankle.

I think they’d look even greater a few shades lighter. I was enamored with the shade of color 8 and green in the photo, but my color 8 pair is of course much darker and so are your greens.

21B2D605-247E-43CE-9FB9-DF20DE01B9B3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads