• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thanks Mad!!!

Mike, that last pic is straight out of chipshot's playbook.
Love the makeup

Hah, thanks Johnny! I got up and opened them up first thing to take pictures before the sun came out, so that is me still wearing my shorts that I slept in... :)

-Mike

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mad!!!

Hah, thanks Johnny! I got up and opened them up first thing to take pictures before the sun came out, so that is me still wearing my shorts that I slept in... :)

-Mike

Take lots of photos of the caramel boat shoes! I have the caramel pinch pennies and am in love with them/the color. Been pining for some Rancourt caramel shell boat shoes myself.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having an odd issue with my Rancourt boots. When I wear them for a day, the next morning when I wake up my right foot is very painful and I almost can't walk. Pain is on top of foot. Only happens when wearing the Rancourt's, they are fine while on, no pain or discomfort at all while wearing. I REFUSE to go back to the Podiatrist (last time I saw him he recommended some type of old man velcro shoes) I really like my Rancourt boots, just that thing next morning that has me confused. They are the right size of boot as they fit really nice during wear and can wear all day w/o discomfort. Anyone have any ideas????

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Take lots of photos of the caramel boat shoes! I have the caramel pinch pennies and am in love with them/the color. Been pining for some Rancourt caramel shell boat shoes myself.

Do not worry my friend, there will be ample pictures. I love my Caramel pair as well! Hoping they manage to get them done tomorrow!

-Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a pair of their driving mocs? If so, do you find they run true-to-size?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlined color 8 shell pinch pennies.
4EFAFB99-0087-4940-AA97-DEB2F7B33E5F.jpeg
724F35E3-0692-47DA-BF93-BAE913E92770.jpeg

pima1234

Reaction score
Nice to see a photo of those trainers in the wild. I ordered mine beginning of June. Hoping they'll show up soon...

First Impressons on the Bennet Trainers:

The shape is a little unusual for a sneaker

The toe box doesn't have a lot of height. I expect my feet will get hot in these because of the tight fit on the toes.

The heel is kind of wide in the back, doesn't really lock your foot in, but I'm not getting any slip either, since the toe is so secure.

Due to the sole, they are heavy compared to a running shoe

Haven't walked off carpet yet, so can't say much about the sole, but I love RLH soles in general so I expect it to be fantastic. That's the main reason I got these.

Overall, they look less masculine and more "European" than the similar looking New Balance model.

View attachment 1199196

View attachment 1199192

View attachment 1199197

Also got a second pair of Bison Clymers since I like my first pair so much, this time in Cognac.

View attachment 1199195

View attachment 1199194

I think these will look great once I change the laces and they get thrashed a bit.

Makes me wonder if I should have gotten the Chocolate ones refurbed. Didn't think it was time, but now that I see them next to a new pair, the soles look a little thin.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Dipped a toe in the Rancourt waters this week.
Found a pair of sneakers on ebay that were a bargain, so i made an offer and snagged them for roughly $100 off list price.
They only come in D width, but theyre canvas so i am not worried they wont stretch to fit my E/EE width (i wear 9E or EE in Alden Barrie....do 9.5E is my size)
Well, they arrived in a nice box.... with a shoe horn and shoe bags. Silly posh.

Attachments

• 20190712_165106-490x1008.jpg
    20190712_165106-490x1008.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190712_165114-490x1008.jpg
    20190712_165114-490x1008.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190712_165203-1008x490.jpg
    20190712_165203-1008x490.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 49

johnnymiz

Reaction score
They are very nice. Clearly, well made. And came with supple leather laces.
They fit just a little snug in the width, as expected, but i am sure they will loosen up enough with just a few wears, unlike leather.
This opens the door for future purchases as Rancourt says they fit tts like all their shoes, so easy to adjust....been eying the sherman bison ranger as a casual knock around shoe. I will definitely get a 9.5EE.

jnik

Reaction score
They are very nice. Clearly, well made. And came with supple leather laces.
They fit just a little snug in the width, as expected, but i am sure they will loosen up enough with just a few wears, unlike leather.
This opens the door for future purchases as Rancourt says they fit tts like all their shoes, so easy to adjust....been eying the sherman bison ranger as a casual knock around shoe. I will definitely get a 9.5EE.

Recently acquired a pair of the classic Rangers in bison. What an excellent leather, very comfortable.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
I know... i pretty much drooled on my ipad looking at your pics when you posted them.
That wasnt the standard color bison, though. Was it?

jnik

Reaction score
I know... i pretty much drooled on my ipad looking at your pics when you posted them.
That wasnt the standard color bison, though. Was it?
Thanks. To my knowledge it comes in two colors, mine are the cognac. The other color, chocolate, is darker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads