• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my ranger mocs yesterday from Rancourt and am really impressed with them. I got mine in the brown chromexcel and the leather is very soft and supple which is really nice. These should have a much shorter break in period than I was expecting which is good. It will be interesting to see how quickly the color begins to fade on these.

I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on their cordovan beefroll loafers. They could be a nice, slightly less expensive, alternative to Alden's models.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received my ranger mocs yesterday from Rancourt and am really impressed with them. I got mine in the brown chromexcel and the leather is very soft and supple which is really nice. These should have a much shorter break in period than I was expecting which is good. It will be interesting to see how quickly the color begins to fade on these.
I think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on their cordovan beefroll loafers. They could be a nice, slightly less expensive, alternative to Alden's models.

Did you end up getting the shell beefrolls?

I'm considering a pair myself.
the navy and green ones look amazing!

does anyone have these and can they post pics?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the more i look at those ranger mocs the more i love it. there's also an olive version of it on ClubMonaco.com

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want one of these babies. I was looking for a brown moccasin type shoe and I'm also kind of sold on the Ranger Moc.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to size?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did indeed get the navy beefrolls. They arrived last Thursday and I am wearing them for the first time out of the house today as a matter of fact. They are super comfortable off the bat - even more so than the ranger mocs; these seem to have a bit more padding in the interior. The navy color is much more noticeably blue than how they appear in the pictures on Rancourt's website, but that doesn't bother me. The contrast stitching also has sort of a greenish-blue hue to it, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. These are actually the first pair of loafers I've owned in a looooooooong time but really like them quite a bit and will probably be wearing them quite often this spring and summer. I will try to take some pictures out in the sunlight this afternoon.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did indeed get the navy beefrolls. They arrived last Thursday and I am wearing them for the first time out of the house today as a matter of fact. They are super comfortable off the bat - even more so than the ranger mocs; these seem to have a bit more padding in the interior. The navy color is much more noticeably blue than how they appear in the pictures on Rancourt's website, but that doesn't bother me. The contrast stitching also has sort of a greenish-blue hue to it, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. These are actually the first pair of loafers I've owned in a looooooooong time but really like them quite a bit and will probably be wearing them quite often this spring and summer. I will try to take some pictures out in the sunlight this afternoon.

How is the fit compared to Alden lasts? I'm looking to get my son a pair of loafers. Thanks.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

How did you size the beefroll penny loafers? It seems that the Rancourt website suggests half a size down from Brannock measurement. I just took a chance on a pair of Rancourt beefroll penny loafers for Brooks Brothers at half a size down (they didn't have my Brannock size). I'm hoping that it works out.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How is the fit compared to Alden lasts? I'm looking to get my son a pair of loafers. Thanks.

^How did you size the beefroll penny loafers? It seems that the Rancourt website suggests half a size down from Brannock measurement. I just took a chance on a pair of Rancourt beefroll penny loafers for Brooks Brothers at half a size down (they didn't have my TTS size). I'm hoping that it works out.

I did TTS on both the penny loafers and the ranger mocs and both worked for me. I contacted Rancourt to ask about sizing and told them I am generally a 7.5E on Alden's Barrie last and an 8E on Allen Edmonds 5-65 last (Strand, Park Avenue...). Kyle from Rancourt promptly replied and recommended that I order their shoes in an 8E. I followed his advice and am 100% satisfied with the results.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing!

really looking forward to seeing some "real life" photos.
you mentioned they feel as if they have more padding, do you mean in the footbed?
are they lined?
about how long did it take from ordering to get them delivered?

(sorry for all the Q's)

thanks!

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

I did TTS on both the penny loafers and the ranger mocs and both worked for me. I contacted Rancourt to ask about sizing and told them I am generally a 7.5E on Alden's Barrie last and an 8E on Allen Edmonds 5-65 last (Strand, Park Avenue...). Kyle from Rancourt promptly replied and recommended that I order their shoes in an 8E. I followed his advice and am 100% satisfied with the results.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just be prepared to eat the shipping cost if the shoes don't work out.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Amazing!
really looking forward to seeing some "real life" photos.
you mentioned they feel as if they have more padding, do you mean in the footbed?
are they lined?
about how long did it take from ordering to get them delivered?
(sorry for all the Q's)
thanks!

The shoes are unlined along the sides of the interior but there definitely seems to be a bit more padding on the footbed of the loafers than of the mocs... but now I need to check the mocs when I get home to see if it's true or if I am just imagining things.

I placed the order for the loafers on March 22nd. On March 23rd I received an email from Kyle saying they would take closer to 3 weeks to construct than 2 weeks (and I also ordered a Color #8 belt from Rancourt in the same purchase). The shoes were delivered Thursday of last week so it actually took exactly two weeks.

It was sunny all morning long but as soon as I go out for lunch, the sun seemed to disappear. Anyway, here's one photo I snapped in the cloudy weather...

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoes are unlined along the sides of the interior but there definitely seems to be a bit more padding on the footbed of the loafers than of the mocs... but now I need to check the mocs when I get home to see if it's true or if I am just imagining things.
I placed the order for the loafers on March 22nd. On March 23rd I received an email from Kyle saying they would take closer to 3 weeks to construct than 2 weeks (and I also ordered a Color #8 belt from Rancourt in the same purchase). The shoes were delivered Thursday of last week so it actually took exactly two weeks.
It was sunny all morning long but as soon as I go out for lunch, the sun seemed to disappear. Anyway, here's one photo I snapped in the cloudy weather...

thanks very much for the info, they look awesome!

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. If my son can fit my Alden LHS on the Van last in 8.5D then should I go with the same size in Rancourt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads