• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Commisar

Reaction score
Are you certain the 9D is not too small of a size? Please don't count on stretching to produce a proper fit, especially for the length. If your big toe is at the end of the shoe the shoe is too small. And a bit of heel slip is desired for a loafer shoe, not so much that the heel comes all the way out of the shoe, but a little bit of heel slip is a good thing,
Exactly. Too many have been told by salespeople or forum experts that "ohh yes leather shoes and boots are supposed to almost hurt when new and they'll totally stretch to fit"

In reality the length will never change and the width of the insole isn't changing, what's happening is the upper is molding to your foot although an incorrectly sized shoe or boot, especially a smaller than optimal one, will never feel good.

If your longest toes are hitting the end of a shoe or boot, it's too short, period. If your toes are getting squeezed together/held together by the toebox, it's too narrow.

Unlined mocs and loafers can and do mold pretty quickly but even they aren't going to get longer or a lot wider if they're too small.

Commisar

Reaction score
Anyone know much about the 115 last? I Brannock 12D, previously tried it in an 11.5D and found it too tight in the toes. Thinking of 12E. I have wide toe splay so I feel like I often have to .5 up my size expectations.
Try your Brannock in it, that's what I did in my Camden derbys

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I just read the reviews of the beefroll penny loafers on the rancourt site. There are multiple reviews indicating the sizing runs larger than 1/2 size down would account for. I’m sure 1/2 size down works for many but for me it was way oversized

again, these were not my first hand sewn loafers. I have quoddys that also recommend a half size down. 1/2 size down in Quoddy penny loafer was very tight. Rancourt 1/2 size down was loose all around- heel and toe. They are just bigger. Luckily full size down works. Hopefully some find this helpful

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I acquired these Rancourt Read boat shoes today in natural cxl. Took a chance on sizing as these are my first Rancourt. Im glad I went 1/2 down on these. TTS would have been too loose for me.
20230525_125308.jpg

Last edited:

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the latest round of crowdfunding orders (February) is supposed to ship? I can't remember. I thought it was early June but not sure and I don't see anything in my email confirmation.

DG123

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the latest round of crowdfunding orders (February) is supposed to ship? I can't remember. I thought it was early June but not sure and I don't see anything in my email confirmation.
Which model (s) did you order ?
From that event I've recently received a pair of Venetian, Gilman Camp Moc, and Eastport.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Sneak peek of something custom. These were just completed yesterday and the good folks at Rancourt were kind enough to send me a photo. They are also finishing up one more custom pair for me. More to come soon!
View attachment 1968201
This looks like a Read Boat shoe in custom leather. Nice choice!

I am thinking about a fathers day present for me, a Grail Shoe if you will.
Custom Read with (3) eyes, RLH natural Rally sole, in Caramel Shell with lining.
The Rally soles are the most comfortable soles Rancourt offers. The lining adds another level of comfort. I get that it takes away from the traditional boat shoe profile but for me, I just want comfort on my feet first and then style, up to a point.

Garrister

Reaction score
This looks like a Read Boat shoe in custom leather. Nice choice!

I am thinking about a fathers day present for me, a Grail Shoe if you will.
Custom Read with (3) eyes, RLH natural Rally sole, in Caramel Shell with lining.
The Rally soles are the most comfortable soles Rancourt offers. The lining adds another level of comfort. I get that it takes away from the traditional boat shoe profile but for me, I just want comfort on my feet first and then style, up to a point.
Sounds like a great makeup. I have a three eye Ranger Moc I bought many years ago from the Dirigo line. I, personally, like the three eye design very much. Why? It is much easier to slip on then the 4 and offers more versatility to cinch it down than the 2.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Sounds like a great makeup. I have a three eye Ranger Moc I bought many years ago from the Dirigo line. I, personally, like the three eye design very much. Why? It is much easier to slip on then the 4 and offers more versatility to cinch it down than the 2.
I have been drooling over a 3 eyed Read in shell for several years.
I do have a couple of Quoddy boat shoes. Theirs are 3 eyed and always lined but their soles are stiff kinda like the Vibram mini-lug. Nice profile, but stiff.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions: Would you guys wear Rancourt ranger mocs in natural CXL with khaki coloured chinos or would the colours generally be too close in shade? Thanks all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads