• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Garrister

Reaction score
Rancourt is doing another crowdfunding event: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/collections/holiday-sale-pre-order

There are some great fall and winter options. The stated shipping deadline is 12/9/22 for shoes ordered during this event.
Same models on offer as in past few crowd funding events at a higher price. Still represents a very good deal but nothing to get excited about here for aficionados. I would have preferred something new and different -- like a Weltline loafer, an Eastport in CXL, Blake boot or a Barlett oxford. None of these have been offered in past events.

bruc

Reaction score
Re baxter ranger moc is there any advantage to adding a liner?
Always have sizing problem right at 11 go with true to size or down 1/2 Ive read that they won't stretch lengthwise but will in width so size down on width or go true?

Last edited:

Luscombe

Reaction score
Always have sizing problem right at 11 go with true to size or down 1/2 Ive read that they won't stretch lengthwise but will in width so size down on width or go true?
A liner will help reduce the stretching. My CXL 11B fit fine when new but after 6 months I need a tongue pad, thin insert, and in some cases a tongue kiltie beneath the laces. Without the above, the uppers touch when laced tight. Sizing down 1/2 is not an option for me, except with camp soles, as the shoe flexes in the wrong spot. Crowdfunding gives you a chance to try the downsize at a lesser $ risk.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A liner will help reduce the stretching. My CXL 11B fit fine when new but after 6 months I need a tongue pad, thin insert, and in some cases a tongue kiltie beneath the laces. Without the above, the uppers touch when laced tight. Sizing down 1/2 is not an option for me, except with camp soles, as the shoe flexes in the wrong spot. Crowdfunding gives you a chance to try the downsize at a lesser $ risk.
Your Baxter has or does not have a lining?
Thanks

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know how the Byron or Harrison compare to an AE Higgins Mill?

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never tried either but I can comment on the AE comparison. The Byron is on the 511, so I'd sat its probably gonna feel a lot like a Long Branch. The Harrison is on the 2592 so that's a lot harder for me to compare - at least to anything current. I guess if you can imagine taking an eastport and ripping out all the poron....

Commisar

Reaction score
Ranger Mocs maybe 1/2 down.

In my experience they fit a bit looser than a CXL Boat shoe. They feel wider.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both.
The Byron fits a little smaller (length and volume) than an AE Higgins Mill. If I could, I would go up a 1/2 size in length from the Higgins Mill. That’s MY experience, your results may vary.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
After about five months of waiting these Essex Acadias arrived. 9.5E feels so much better than 9.5D.
Lame cellphone pic for now. Please ignore the old man socks and work from home chinos. I need to get these in some sunshine soon.

View attachment 1818225

Do you find the width of the E perfect now as when you first wore them, or have they stretched?

I also ordered the CXL Acadias in E width. I have the CXL ranger mocs in D and found that they have stretched quite a bit, but I I tend to learn towards thinking it's better to be a bit too wide than a bit too narrow.

jcatl

Reaction score
Do you find the width of the E perfect now as when you first wore them, or have they stretched?

I also ordered the CXL Acadias in E width. I have the CXL ranger mocs in D and found that they have stretched quite a bit, but I I tend to learn towards thinking it's better to be a bit too wide than a bit too narrow.

I’ve only worn them maybe four full days so far so any stretching would be minimal. I will say when I first got them I wondered if EE would have been better but now think these are perfect. The Essex is a super soft leather and so even with my wide feet they are very comfortable. While CXL stretches, I feel like it’s a thicker, less forgiving leather until it does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics