• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

GGMac

Reaction score
Latest arrivals…Rancourt x Huckberry Traveller Ranger Mocs in Snuff Kudu and Noix Kudu. Had planned on ordering both and keeping 1 but they turned out so great I will likely keep both.
50D37769-5D5E-4BFD-BD0D-88C322EB3CB6.jpeg

DCDEBAAA-F0D6-4227-96FC-1B7D7B86DAFC.jpeg

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest arrivals…Rancourt x Huckberry Traveller Ranger Mocs in Snuff Kudu and Noix Kudu. Had planned on ordering both and keeping 1 but they turned out so great I will likely keep both.
View attachment 1793843
View attachment 1793844
Nice. I picked up the snuff kudu, now considering the other pair as well 🧐

Is there a slight Olive undertone in the noix?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL beef rolls on LH, From the February crowd fund
A204019D-90EF-43F4-A8B3-122FDC7838F5.jpeg

So, I held my breath when I ordered these, and when I put them on earlier today.

I am a size 13 B. Of course Rancourt recommends sizing down with the beef rolls--but they don't make a 12.5 of this shoe. WTF?? :puzzled: Anyway, Rancourt recommended that I try a 12 B. Which I did. At the crowd fund price, it wasn't much risk.

Early verdict. Its going to work for my R foot. Snug, but with a bit of wear, I think it will be a very good fit.

But my L foot is bigger and is always the foot that Makes or Breaks tight shoes. Verdict is out on the fit of a 12 B on my 13B L foot. Interesting that the 12B shoe IS long enough. But the width across the top is literally the Rub. The CXL may well stretch to accommodate my L foot. (With shell or even calf, I'd have to return the shoes.) We shall see.

Sure hope it works out. These shoes are very well made, I love the LH soles, and the shoe color has just a drop of purple in the mix. Billed as Carolina Brown, they could almost pass for C8. not quite

Last edited:

Garrister

Reaction score
View attachment 1794874

So, I held my breath when I ordered these, and when I put them on earlier today.

I am a size 13 B. Of course Rancourt recommends sizing down with the beef rolls--but they don't make a 12.5 of this shoe. WTF?? :puzzled: Anyway, Rancourt recommended that I try a 12 B. Which I did. At the crowd fund price, it wasn't much risk.

Early verdict. Its going to work for my R foot. Snug, but with a bit of wear, I think it will be a very good fit.

But my L foot is bigger and is always the foot that Makes or Breaks tight shoes. Verdict is out on the fit of a 12 B on my 13B L foot. Interesting that the 12B shoe IS long enough. But the width across the top is literally the Rub. The CXL may well stretch to accommodate my L foot. (With shell or even calf, I'd have to return the shoes.) We shall see.

Sure hope it works out. These shoes are very well made, I love the LH soles, and the shoe color has just a drop of purple in the mix. Billed as Carolina Brown, they could almost pass for C8. not quite
Interesting experiment. I would think that as long as the length works you will eventually be okay with the width as it stretches. Perhaps use some split toe shoe trees set on wide when you are not wearing them to help expedite the process. I have been known to use a space heater to warm the leather before wearing to help with the stretch. YMMV. Let us know if they work out after a couple of weeks. They look great.

Luscombe

Reaction score
View attachment 1794874

Those are some great-looking shoes. I wish I could wear CXL slip-ons. The hand-lasted B width is fine when new but the cxl stretches too much for me. I think you will be fine after they break in and stretch out. I took a risk with the Bull Dog slip-ons during the crowdfunding. Have not received them yet.

Pedlar

Reaction score
Brown, like a shoe ought to be, haha.
5340077B-76A3-4594-854D-BD74D2AEA837.jpeg

Crowdfund Eastports arrived and look great. I’ve had these before and thought they were a fantastic shoe but I moved my last pair on because the fit was just slightly too big for me. This pair is a half size down and first try-on impression is… Tight!

I’ll see what a few days of wear around the house do, but I think these will work out just fine.

The brown Rancourt bags are a nice change too.

784FA76B-3CCF-4F06-869A-93189AB1B10D.jpeg

Garrister

Reaction score
View attachment 1795018
Crowdfund Eastports arrived and look great. I’ve had these before and thought they were a fantastic shoe but I moved my last pair on because the fit was just slightly too big for me. This pair is a half size down and first try-on impression is… Tight!

I’ll see what a few days of wear around the house do, but I think these will work out just fine.

View attachment 1795017
Bought the same shoe during the crowd fund even though I already had a pair. Worked out great because the second pair is a little darker than my first pair. It's great shoe with immense versatility. Both my pairs we very tight out of the box. They will stretch with a little bit of work though. My first pair has become a great fit sockless or with dress socks.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my new Eastports in dark brown from the crowdfund campaign. I forgot how snug these things are when they first arrive. The break in process begins next week. I hope they will be as sublime as my last pair after a few weeks. This is one of the reasons I am afraid to go with shell in this model because the 114 last, at least for me, needs a bit of stretching to get that so-called "glove" fit.
View attachment 1795018

View attachment 1795017

oh man, just got an email last week that my order was pushed back until mid-June...but goddamn these look great!

Pedlar

Reaction score
Bought the same shoe during the crowd fund even though I already had a pair. Worked out great because the second pair is a little darker than my first pair. It's great shoe with immense versatility. Both my pairs we very tight out of the box. They will stretch with a little bit of work though. My first pair has become a great fit sockless or with dress socks.
That’s good to hear. Hopefully a lot of wear is ahead for these.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knew those color 8 bits wouldn't be the last...
"Hey Rich, why both pairs in Carolina brown?" So I can justify when I buy the same two pairs again in natural of course...

20220524_135657.jpg
20220524_135707.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads