• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
My new pair from the unglazed natty shell GMTO just came in the other day. I'm in love.
10FCY6O.jpg

dJ4ZGAz.jpg

TYU4U85.jpg

hlXzAnj.jpg

krebsy

Reaction score
Very nice. I've looked hard at winter boots and have decided that if Texas ever gets truly cold for 4+ weeks out of the year I'd get some Freemans.

Also, his does the John last fit in comapri to the 115 and I guess your true size?
Sorry, I missed your question somehow. I'm a 9D brannock bordering on E width on my right foot. I went with 9D on the Freeman and I also have a pair of Brightons in 9D. The Freeman (John last) has more toe box volume and also allows me to wear some very thick socks or even double up on socks without feeling pinched anywhere. I'm guessing the Chromexel leather also helps with that. The Brightons (115 last) feel comfortably snug with a single pair of heavy socks. They feel a little narrower at the ball to me. If I were wearing these with thinner socks I think I might have a better fit in 1/2 smaller on both lasts, but with heavier sock I'm happy with my Brannock size. I hope that's helpful!

Commisar

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed your question somehow. I'm a 9D brannock bordering on E width on my right foot. I went with 9D on the Freeman and I also have a pair of Brightons in 9D. The Freeman (John last) has more toe box volume and also allows me to wear some very thick socks or even double up on socks without feeling pinched anywhere. I'm guessing the Chromexel leather also helps with that. The Brightons (115 last) feel comfortably snug with a single pair of heavy socks. They feel a little narrower at the ball to me. If I were wearing these with thinner socks I think I might have a better fit in 1/2 smaller on both lasts, but with heavier sock I'm happy with my Brannock size. I hope that's helpful!
It sure is

Commisar

Reaction score
It's pretty normal for your pinky toes to touch the side inside a pair of shoes, I believe? I mean I could be wrong, but I never got the impression that every pair of shoes I've ever purchased actually did not fit. That said with your feet in that one picture it looks very sudden rather than gradual. I compared it with some pictures I've posted in this thread previously. Very interesting.

Here's an old one for reference top down. This is 1/2 size down from brannock. 9D instead of 9.5D

View attachment 1580424
Completely agree, my right pinky toe just rolls outwards/splays out when I walk a LOT more than the left one. It's just how my feet are. It always connects with the sidewall of boots/shoes

Commisar

Reaction score
The crowdfunding MTO starts Feb 7th, anyone here have any Read boat shoes and can speak to sizing them?

Everything I've read says either TTS or 1/2 under TTS.

Commisar

Reaction score
I'd go TTS. I have a pair I bought from the last crowdfunding sale where I went 1/2 under brannock and they ended up being too small.
Thanks for the heads up ? I also note that Boat shoes have the lace running around the heel so you can cinch it a bit tighter is necessary.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up ? I also note that Boat shoes have the lace running around the heel so you can cinch it a bit tighter is necessary.
What models are going to be offered in the crowdfunding? Do we know yet?
I'd love to get a pair of Derby in Natty.

Commisar

Reaction score
What models are going to be offered in the crowdfunding? Do we know yet?
I'd love to get a pair of Derby in Natty.
I was told there would be 6 styles directly from rancourt, one is the ranger moc.

It starts Feb 7th

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-181319_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-181319_Instagram.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crowdfunding MTO starts Feb 7th, anyone here have any Read boat shoes and can speak to sizing them?

Everything I've read says either TTS or 1/2 under TTS.
I'd also go True to Brannock. I have a pair of Rancourt Shell boat shoes and half size down they are too tight. I don't wear them anymore. Damn shame, they are nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics