• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a fair amount of "inspiration" shared within SF...

20210524_110953.jpg
20210524_111001.jpg

Southwick

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been addressed, but did Rancourt remove the customizing feature from its web site?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Mike,

… details on the jeans.

Caligula, they are the ONI Beige Denim from a few years back. They did a recent re-run of them and a few shops still have some sizes left.

ONI-602LW-BE12oz is the exact model number

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Beautiful! How would you compare them to the Alden LHS in shell cordovan?

Wow. They both have their place in my opinion.

The Alden LHS is a bit of a more substantial loafer in my opinion and it is much more formal as well. The skin stitching, the lining, the pattern and the construction all give it that feel.

These are a lovely loafer and still formal relative to a boat shoe, but with the moccasin construction, the multi-piece attachment in the front, the unlined nature, and the hand stitched down strap it definitely conveys a more casual tone.

Both are truly fantastic loafers and it’s really hard to go wrong with either of them!!!

-Mike

Luscombe

Reaction score
It’s a cool rainy day here. Maybe a good day for my bison Brightons?

View attachment 1694351
Great looking boots. I presume this was a custom order.

I do not have any Brightons but do have a Pair of Byrons and Knox. I wore my Byrons yesterday and was reminded how comfortable and practical they are for me. I still have a couple of boot itches to scratch and I was thinking about a pair of Byrons in Brown Bison and natural Essex. Maybe one pair should be Brightons. The shorter Byron shaft appeals to me vs the longer shaft on the Knox and Brighton, trying to keep the weight down. I know all three are super comfortable and built on the same 115 last. I have the size and last dialed in for me.

Rancourt's Boots have been a wonderful discovery for me recently. They are incredibly comfortable, right out of the box. They are also highly customizable with all the leather and sole combinations. including customer-supplied leathers.

I am patiently waiting on a pair of custom Acadias in Tan Horse Hide, rally soles, etc., that I supplied.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking boots. I presume this was a custom order.

I do not have any Brightons but do have a Pair of Byrons and Knox. I wore my Byrons yesterday and was reminded how comfortable and practical they are for me. I still have a couple of boot itches to scratch and I was thinking about a pair of Byrons in Brown Bison and natural Essex. Maybe one pair should be Brightons. The shorter Byron shaft appeals to me vs the longer shaft on the Knox and Brighton, trying to keep the weight down. I know all three are super comfortable and built on the same 115 last. I have the size and last dialed in for me.

Rancourt's Boots have been a wonderful discovery for me recently. They are incredibly comfortable, right out of the box. They are also highly customizable with all the leather and sole combinations. including customer-supplied leathers.

I am patiently waiting on a pair of custom Acadias in Tan Horse Hide, rally soles, etc., that I supplied.
Yes, my Brightons were a custom order in bison. The textured bison really transforms the boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads