• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
My quintessential house slips. Caramel Shell Beefroll Loafers with a chromepak sole and goat suede lining. Perfect for throwing on when you get home from a long day of work right after putting on your PJ's.

57CazFE.jpg

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Shell home loafers. That's baller.

Haha thanks. To be honest they weren't originally planned to be worn as house slips! After wearing them for a while though and realizing the fragility of the chromepak sole I decided to keep them indoors lest I get them resoled every three months.

Southwick

Reaction score
Haha thanks. To be honest they weren't originally planned to be worn as house slips! After wearing them for a while though and realizing the fragility of the chromepak sole I decided to keep them indoors lest I get them resoled every three months.
Was this a custom order?

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Received my espresso shell pinch penny loafers - they're pretty much the same makeup as CMT1's pair with the mini lug commando soles...the 3 year review was the inspiration (thanks MonsieurLeDude!). Absolutely love these and looking forward to enjoying for years.

Wore them to Central Park and put the commando soles to use to have a little picnic on top of the boulder..
20211009_111054.jpg

20211009_111111.jpg

20211009_111243.jpg

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Incidentally, a lesson learned is wheeled welt doesn't work with commando soles. Kudos to the Rancourt people for humoring an unrealisitc customization, then letting me know it does't look right, and then redoing it. Posting a pic of Rancourt's attempt before redoing it. Apparently, the commando sole requires to be stitched to the midsole unlike most of the other sole options. The issue is that the wheeled welt has ribbing and the goodyear stitch cannot keep a straight line when stitching on this type of welt.

Otherwise, the espresso shell is divine. The color is exactly what I wanted, and just like CMT1 mentioned - it requires very little maintenance and loses shell rolls to look brand new rather easily. The unlined shell is very comfortable and even though it was the first time I was wearing it for an extended walk (> 5 miles), I didn't experience any discomfort.

:
Image from iOS (67).jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Received my espresso shell pinch penny loafers - they're pretty much the same makeup as CMT1's pair with the mini lug commando soles...the 3 year review was the inspiration (thanks MonsieurLeDude!). Absolutely love these and looking forward to enjoying for years.

Wore them to Central Park and put the commando soles to use to have a little picnic on top of the boulder..
View attachment 1682390
View attachment 1682392
View attachment 1682391

Congratulations on your new Brown Shell Penny Pinch Loafers. Those are looking just superb. Always a good choice to follow @CMT1 's design. I hope that you wear them in good health for many years to come.

-Mike

CMT1

Reaction score

View attachment 1682390
View attachment 1682392
View attachment 1682391

Hot damn! I love that they're working out and that's the perfect terrain for them. Mine have been all over the world at this point, have had the absolute hell kicked out of them and have always bounced back to look ridiculously well preserved with a little product and brushing.

Congrats and enjoy the hell out of them, they are a great shoe and would be top of my list if I did not already own a pair!

Otherwise, the espresso shell is divine. The color is exactly what I wanted, and just like CMT1 mentioned - it requires very little maintenance and loses shell rolls to look brand new rather easily.

I've seriously never seen anything like it. Mine are almost five years old at this point, have been worn to hell and back and show none of the rolls they pick up during periods of constant wear. There's a persistent line on the left shoe from working the clutch in our cars, but that's really it:

xbWhHT3.jpg

Although looking at them above, perhaps it's time for some light recon. A bit of Saphir and brushing might do both pairs some good as it's been a while since they got out due to pandemic, WFH, slothful malaise, etc.

With the amount of wear both shoes have seen, I still cannot get over how relatively little wear they show.

Congratulations on your new Brown Shell Penny Pinch Loafers. Those are looking just superb. Always a good choice to follow @CMT1 's design. I hope that you wear them in good health for many years to come.

-Mike

What's up my man and I hope all is well in SoCal! The joke about mine is that they were NIB Grailed purchases from someone who missized and by rolling the dice on them - and loving them - it ensured the boat shoes happened. I just wish that I had more occasion to wear them these days, but I'm a patient dude and can wait until the world unborks itself.

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend, as always!

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Hot damn! I love that they're working out and that's the perfect terrain for them. Mine have been all over the world at this point, have had the absolute hell kicked out of them and have always bounced back to look ridiculously well preserved with a little product and brushing.

Congrats and enjoy the hell out of them, they are a great shoe and would be top of my list if I did not already own a pair!

I've seriously never seen anything like it. Mine are almost five years old at this point, have been worn to hell and back and show none of the rolls they pick up during periods of constant wear. There's a persistent line on the left shoe from working the clutch in our cars, but that's really it:

xbWhHT3.jpg

Although looking at them above, perhaps it's time for some light recon. A bit of Saphir and brushing might do both pairs some good as it's been a while since they got out due to pandemic, WFH, slothful malaise, etc.

With the amount of wear both shoes have seen, I still cannot get over how relatively little wear they show.

What's up my man and I hope all is well in SoCal! The joke about mine is that they were NIB Grailed purchases from someone who missized and by rolling the dice on them - and loving them - it ensured the boat shoes happened. I just wish that I had more occasion to wear them these days, but I'm a patient dude and can wait until the world unborks itself.

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend, as always!

Thank you for the inspiration - I would never have asked for this customization if I didn't come across your review! They are everything you described and more. The Vibram 430 mini lug sole on this shoe is just awesome.

CMT1

Reaction score
Thank you for the inspiration - I would never have asked for this customization if I didn't come across your review! They are everything you described and more. The Vibram 430 mini lug sole on this shoe is just awesome.

Sorry it took me so long to circle back to this! The 430 rocks. I can't get enough of how sure-footed and grippy it is for just about any terrain, but still preserves a dressy profile that keeps things versatile if you want to dress them up. I have worn mine with just about everything up to a suit at this point and never felt out of place.

Plus they're built like tanks, can get all wacked out and destroyed and bounce right back to a presentable state with a bit of recon.

After a month of being worn every other day:

ZV5NF1P.jpg

After light recon and 5 days in trees:

OMYs38F.jpg

Awesome stuff. Enjoy the hell out of them! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads