• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

BAK

Reaction score
View attachment 1665051

Nice little present came today from the June crowdfunding! They are beautiful! Wanted to post a pic since I know most people talk about Rancourt's mocs and loafers and not much about their Oxfords. I had to do a bit of digging to get even one pic of the Chandler Longwings.
I'll post some on the feet pics sometime I am actually wearing pants lol. They fit perfectly, although the laces seem a bit short. Maybe need to adjust the laces.
Love the Rancourt longwing. Especially love that medallion. Laces look perfect to me (I hate a long excess floppy lace). Enjoy!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, I went on a 6-mile walk in the urban jungle in my caramel shell Rangers. No photos from this morning, but trust me, they did great!

20210527_093019.jpg

20210527_093015.jpg

20210527_093023.jpg

sixstringsmash

Reaction score
Hello! Brand new Styleforum user here checking in. I've been active on the goodyearwelt subreddit for some time now but decided to make a styleforum account and wanted to share one of my favorite pieces of footwear from one of my favorite makers with you all. These are a relatively new pair that are just a few months old now. They're a special MTO I had Rancourt do. It's there Blake Chukka pattern done up in Black Reverse Shell Cordovan with a brogue cap toe and a big old Horween logo on the tongue.

FVlxMbH.png
RwTxr9u.jpeg
tT3NPr5.jpeg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! Brand new Styleforum user here checking in. I've been active on the goodyearwelt subreddit for some time now but decided to make a styleforum account and wanted to share one of my favorite pieces of footwear from one of my favorite makers with you all. These are a relatively new pair that are just a few months old now. They're a special MTO I had Rancourt do. It's there Blake Chukka pattern done up in Black Reverse Shell Cordovan with a brogue cap toe and a big old Horween logo on the tongue.

FVlxMbH.png
RwTxr9u.jpeg
tT3NPr5.jpeg
Very interesting make up there.
Not too shabby an introduction.

GaiusM

Reaction score
This is my first pair of leather soled Rancourts. Had them for about 9 months, 3-4 wears a week. Is this normal? just noticed both soles are torn tody. Couple weeks ago they seemed fine.
IMG_20210916_201238.jpg
IMG_20210916_201233.jpg

My Ranger Mocs both camp and Lactae soled are holding up just fine for well over two years. The camp moc soles are my beater pair and have gone through hell and back and yet are doing great.
I have another leather soled pair coming in soon from the crowdfund and will probably throw a topy on them immediately. Really liked the feel of leather but don't want to deal with wrecked soles.
Complicating matters I live in Japan and sending them back to Maine for a resole is prohibitively expensive, might as well just crowdfund another pair.
Apologies for the long windedness, just a bit peeved right now. Has anyone else exerienced this with leather soled Rancourts? If a third party resoles them will that cause trouble should I send them to Rancourt to be refurbished later? Up until now I've really liked the company's products.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first pair of leather soled Rancourts. Had them for about 9 months, 3-4 wears a week. Is this normal? just noticed both soles are torn tody. Couple weeks ago they seemed fine.
View attachment 1669791 View attachment 1669792
My Ranger Mocs both camp and Lactae soled are holding up just fine for well over two years. The camp moc soles are my beater pair and have gone through hell and back and yet are doing great.
I have another leather soled pair coming in soon from the crowdfund and will probably throw a topy on them immediately. Really liked the feel of leather but don't want to deal with wrecked soles.
Complicating matters I live in Japan and sending them back to Maine for a resole is prohibitively expensive, might as well just crowdfund another pair.
Apologies for the long windedness, just a bit peeved right now. Has anyone else exerienced this with leather soled Rancourts? If a third party resoles them will that cause trouble should I send them to Rancourt to be refurbished later? Up until now I've really liked the company's products.
First of all, that's remarkably even wear.

I think it's pretty normal for leather soles to wear more quickly. I don't have experience with Rancourt's specifically, but I've been around long enough that I think I would have noticed more people complaining if they were substandard.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
View attachment 1669791 View attachment 1669792

Surely there’s someone in Japan, the land of craftsmanship, that could resole these.

3-4 wears a week is kind of heavy use compared to the average shoe in the average styleforum guy’s closet. And if you were wearing them through the rainy season and the typhoon season, that would put even more wear on those soles.

GaiusM

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses.
On another topic, I have a pair of Traveler Ranger Mocs with RLH soles. Has anyone had any luck getting them resoled by a third party? Or when RLH gives out are the shoes done for much like a sneaker? Pretty sure it's the latter though would be nice to have some options to keep them longer as the uppers are doing great.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses.
On another topic, I have a pair of Traveler Ranger Mocs with RLH soles. Has anyone had any luck getting them resoled by a third party? Or when RLH gives out are the shoes done for much like a sneaker? Pretty sure it's the latter though would be nice to have some options to keep them longer as the uppers are doing great.

I think Rancourt says the Traveler versions can’t be resoled, but it would be wise to double check.

GaiusM

Reaction score
They cannot per Rancourt which is why I asked if anyone had any luck resoling through third parties or by other methods. Specifically asking if anyone has explored other alternatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads