• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

BAK

Reaction score
Was going through some old Rancourt files and thought you guys might like to see some not often seen (maybe never seen) Rancourt creations... that are likely still possible to make as custom.
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.35.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.38.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.40.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.42.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.49.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.49.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.53.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.55.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.55.36 PM.png

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Was going through some old Rancourt files and thought you guys might like to see some not often seen (maybe never seen) Rancourt creations... that are likely still possible to make as custom.

This is not helpful if you want me to keep buying from the other company... in the other thread... that is spelled... A---n. What leather was used for the cap toe blucher?

1617505123293.png

1617505146142.png

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like a broken record but these Penny Pinch loafers may become my favorite pair of niche shoes for times when I will not be walking too much, such as running errands, and want an easy to slip-on pair of comfortable yet stylish shoes (thankfully I have many years before I start sporting Velcro strap sneakers).

IMG_2580.jpg

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good. The shape of the loafers seem better than the initial picture you posted too. Guess they’re breaking in nicely.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you end up buying these true to brannock size?
I’m 11.5C/D brannock. These are 11D. They fit perfectly barefoot with a thin felt insole. I’m sure they’ll stretch a bit, but unless they stretch a LOT, I think they’ll be perfect. I don’t think I’d want to go any shorter. If they came in C width, it would be perfect.

In short, I recommend a half size down from true brannock.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ignored my own advice and wore my Pinch Penny loafers for more than 2 miles of walking yesterday and paid the price for it. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I need a more forgiving sole in all my shoes so this is not a criticism of Rancourt but rather hard rubber soles do not work for me. Even my Carmina PTBs with a Dainite-like sole leave me bruised when I walk too far in them so they are at a cobbler having leather soles installed.

I may call Rancourt today and ask about resoling options because I would like to wear these more often.

IMG_2581.jpg

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m 11.5C/D brannock. These are 11D. They fit perfectly barefoot with a thin felt insole. I’m sure they’ll stretch a bit, but unless they stretch a LOT, I think they’ll be perfect. I don’t think I’d want to go any shorter. If they came in C width, it would be perfect.

Thanks, mine are arriving today. Rancourt recommended going tts and that's what I did. There was a lot of back and forth around ordering time so I'm crossing my fingers

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks, mine are arriving today. Rancourt recommended going tts and that's what I did. There was a lot of back and forth around ordering time so I'm crossing my fingers

Will you both please update in a few weeks/months after they stretch? The Baxter's might be my next pair and I want to know how much they stretch over time. I too am confused about ordering TTS or 1/2 size down.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you both please update in a few weeks/months after they stretch? The Baxter's might be my next pair and I want to know how much they stretch over time. I too am confused about ordering TTS or 1/2 size down.
Yeah, will do. I sold my Quoddy bluchers that were tts bc after 5-10 wears they still ate my heel up. Big reason why I didn't want to size down here (understand it's a different company and shoe but still similar)

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, will do. I sold my Quoddy bluchers that were tts bc after 5-10 wears they still ate my heel up. Big reason why I didn't want to size down here (understand it's a different company and shoe but still similar)
I also will update. Whether or not you wear socks could factor in as well. And truth be told, after sizing down too aggressively with my first pair, I’d rather err on slightly larger than the other way around.

Full disclosure: my feet are a little weird, so I’m not usually comfortable giving sizing advice, but happy to help where I can.
The lacing on the Baxter is nice in that I think it will cover up many mistakes.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I also will update. Whether or not you wear socks could factor in as well. And truth be told, after sizing down too aggressively with my first pair, I’d rather err on slightly larger than the other way around.

Full disclosure: my feet are a little weird, so I’m not usually comfortable giving sizing advice, but happy to help where I can.
The lacing on the Baxter is nice in that I think it will cover up many mistakes.

My feet are weird too I recently learned: wide/flared forefoot, narrow heel, and average instep and arch (aka a great fit for Alden's modified last but not much else). I would only wear with socks so I am thinking TTS. That is also what BAK suggested in an earlier post and he worked for Rancourt before working for Alden.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet are weird too I recently learned: wide/flared forefoot, narrow heel, and average instep and arch (aka a great fit for Alden's modified last but not much else). I would only wear with socks so I am thinking TTS. That is also what BAK suggested in an earlier post and he worked for Rancourt before working for Alden.
I'd probably go with his advice...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads