• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you happen to know where I can find pictures of their tobacco suede?
I was seeing the yellow as a yellower tobacco color - more like the wrapper. I guess tobacco is usually a bit browner, but I just saw what Spier calls tobacco in that color. Sorry for the confusion!

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was seeing the yellow as a yellower tobacco color - more like the wrapper. I guess tobacco is usually a bit browner, but I just saw what Spier calls tobacco in that color. Sorry for the confusion!
Ah. That makes sense. I think the peanut suede is perhaps closer to a tobacco color. It's a very nice shade. The marigold, seafoam green, burgundy, and peanut are all nice suedes available on the women's models that I wouldn't mind getting on custom orders.

w_boat_tan_white.jpg

Edit: adding the other colors for reference

w_tassel_loafer_burgundy_suede.jpg w_tassle_loafer-yellow_suede.jpg w_boat_suede_teal.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah. That makes sense. I think the peanut suede is perhaps closer to a tobacco color. It's a very nice shade. The marigold, seafoam green, burgundy, and peanut are all nice suedes available on the women's models that I wouldn't mind getting on custom orders.

View attachment 1425026

Edit: adding the other colors for reference

View attachment 1425028 View attachment 1425029 View attachment 1425030
Mmm. That seafoam and yellow are great. Though, the seafoam definitely needs to stick to a boat shoe for men I think! :p
I've got burgundy suede (from AE); it's very strong in person.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day out with the flint kudu Eastports.

I’m bad at waiting so I ordered the marigold suede Eastports as well. Should arrive at the same time as the camel kudu pair.

Pretty sure I’m set on shoes for now. Here’s hoping.

56A18CC7-D2A5-4F29-BFA8-8614F8A3F216.jpeg 29E59A3C-9E50-46B0-BE98-A863E110DDA0.jpeg 5AC666F4-8ED4-4B51-91E6-5528E3ACEAEE.jpeg

Luscombe

Reaction score
How about some Patina on my Downeast Mocs. A few days out in the sun warmed them right up.
I love how these are turning into a golden carmel.

Attachments

• DE New 2.jpg
    DE New 2.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DE 4wks 4.jpg
    DE 4wks 4.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Downeast 1 - 7.19.20.jpg
    Downeast 1 - 7.19.20.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 62
  • Downeast 2-7.19.20.jpg
    Downeast 2-7.19.20.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 69

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More flint kudu. These are definitely my favorite pair now, but maybe that will change when the marigold suede and camel kudu suede versions arrive.

Edit: Debating whether the above beefrolls work for me or not. I love the color 8 CXL, but I think the way the collar doesn't conform to my foot shape on the beefrolls can make them look a little weird. It's not really a fault of the loafer. It's just my feet being low volume. Anyone else have this issue or an opinion on it? Perhaps I just shouldn't wear shorts with them. The no show socks/no socks looks are probably making the fit look a lot worse due to less volume.

75388CA9-9B26-4137-BC6B-8A0A6CAB5183.jpeg

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday. I keep wearing these. I should stop posting pictures every time. Once the camel kudu suede and marigold suede ones come in things will be more diverse.

Should be placing the order for the color 8 CXL Eastports today. Then I will be actually done with adding to the collection for a long long while. They just make more sense for my feet than the standard CXL Beefroll which fits me a little awkwardly.

B4DED021-9DD7-42C0-9F46-48C30492B347.jpeg

Last edited:

Pedlar

Reaction score
Happy Friday. I keep wearing these. I should stop posting pictures every time. Once the camel kudu suede and marigold suede ones come in things will be more diverse.

Should be placing the order for the color 8 CXL Eastports today.
Looking great. And CXL Eastports sound really good. Essex perhaps also, hmm.

I’ve been wearing my own (not infrequently posted) Rancourts a lot lately. Today’s are favorites:

6E7FF348-8095-4946-9EE8-C5D2E19C42DB.jpeg

Luscombe

Reaction score
For all the Rancourt Guru's I have a dumb question.
What are the differences between the Classic, Baxter and Sherman Ranger Moc's other than the leathers and the soles?

Am I missing something obvious?
The reason I ask is I have a pair of Baxters 11B CXL that are the most comfortable shoes I own. I have to wear with socks but that is ok.
I would like to get the same comfort in Bison/RLH Aspen which I think is the Sherman Ranger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics