• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black suede Weltline that didn't work out due to fit is being swapped over to a custom order. Excited to see how this turns out.

Eastport
lined camel kudu suede
cream(?) stitching
brown edge

Essentially these colors but in Eastport pinch penny form. Not exactly sure what color the lining will be. Not super important to me. Perhaps whatever they default for their standard camel kudu suede offerings.

ran_silos_7_7_1512068_1.jpg

Pedlar

Reaction score
The black suede Weltline that didn't work out due to fit is being swapped over to a custom order. Excited to see how this turns out.

Eastport
lined camel kudu suede
cream(?) stitching
brown edge

Essentially these colors but in Eastport pinch penny form. Not exactly sure what color the lining will be. Not super important to me. Perhaps whatever they default for their standard camel kudu suede offerings.

View attachment 1421784
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing it and glad to hear it worked out. I have found Rancourt folks to be super easy to deal with.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ranger and camp mocs have caught my eye due to the crowdfunding price.

I'm wary due to my sizing issues and woes with loafers in general. I've a wider right foot, and low volume feet.

AE 1/511 last=Size 10D (required width stretching, wear regular athletic thickness socks)
AE 5/65 Last=Size 9.5E (minor stretching required, wear thin dress socks)

Then I have a couple of UK Herring-branded shoes (Loakes?) in UK 8 for chelseas and tassel loafers. The loafers had to be stretched multiple times in width to make them comfortable with thin dress socks. Uk 8.5 my feet would flop right out. Both are chocolate suede.

Any suggestions for sizing? How about on colour?

I dress fairly casual with OCBDs, polos, chinos, cardigans etc.

Bostonian

Reaction score
It seems that the Weltlines fit more loosely than Rancourt’s Pinch Penny/Eastport and Beefroll designs. And suede also fits more loosely than their smooth leather options. Both combined can make for a terrible fit if you’re low instep low volume like me.

It’s also been my experience that the suede Weltlines fit looser than the smooth leather versions.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the Gilman camp mocs provide much support when walking?
I forgot about this too. I also need arch support, floppy shoes are no good for me

The only bit of arch support you'll find in these shoes are in the premium soled versions with a midsole and even then "arch support" is a high claim. I suggest you look at premium soled models only if looking for "supportive footwear" i.e. beef roll loafer from the crowdfund lineup.

my 2c

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only bit of arch support you'll find in these shoes are in the premium soled versions with a midsole and even then "arch support" is a high claim. I suggest you look at premium soled models only if looking for "supportive footwear" i.e. beef roll loafer from the crowdfund lineup.

my 2c
alright, thanks for the info man.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown bulldog eastports today.

Will have my other pairs of loafers back from the cobbler on Saturday. I noticed that Rancourt has a nice yellow ‘marigold’ suede for the women’s tassels. Thinking of getting that on an Eastport or Beefroll sooner than later as it’s a favorite color of mine.

2142CF74-B67C-44F2-BCE3-87958818467A.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brown bulldog eastports today.

Will have my other pairs of loafers back from the cobbler on Saturday. I noticed that Rancourt has a nice yellow ‘marigold’ suede for the women’s tassels. Thinking of getting that on an Eastport or Beefroll sooner than later as it’s a favorite color of mine.

View attachment 1425011
That is a nice tobacco suede they have now!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads