• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Pedlar

Reaction score
Enjoying these today and looking forward to some new shoes— placed orders last week for a (non-shell) custom pair and for some crowdfunded Acadias.

PS Box stitch visible on the straps of this pair— the “box” of stitching surrounding the cut out.
153FA0F0-AF89-4CAE-BF66-D0873C666138.jpeg

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Those look pretty good.

Are the laces not from Rancourt? No matter what kind of shoe or boot I'm getting, I almost always swap out the laces Rancourt ships with for the flat-wax laces from Alden.
You’re right! First thing I did was swap out the laces, I prefer the aesthetic of the flat laces on these boots.

Holsinger09

Reaction score
Just joined to keep my ear to the ground regarding any eventual shell GMTO. What are our thoughts on the Reltex soles versus the Vibram mini lug? Tried searching this thread but there didn't seem to be a consensus beyond the Vibram would conceivably last longer. Thanks!

Luscombe

Reaction score
I have not seen any Downeast Rangers posted here. I bought a pair in April and they arrived in June.
Some shots of new condition and then as they have aged a bit in the last 4 wks.

I like the way they are darkening with use. I am not babying them, just wearing as usual. The color was very light when new and is a bit Carmel now. In some lighting it looks a little orange but I think that will darken out in time.

the leather is very thick and supple.
I like the feel of the shoes.

Attachments

• DE New 3.jpg
    DE New 3.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 44
  • DE 4wks 6.jpg
    DE 4wks 6.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DE New 2.jpg
    DE New 2.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DE 4wks 4.jpg
    DE 4wks 4.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DE 4 wks 1.jpg
    DE 4 wks 1.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 53

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just joined to keep my ear to the ground regarding any eventual shell GMTO. What are our thoughts on the Reltex soles versus the Vibram mini lug? Tried searching this thread but there didn't seem to be a consensus beyond the Vibram would conceivably last longer. Thanks!

I’ve got shoes from Rancourt with both Reltex and the mini lug and I prefer the Reltex soles. I think they are a lot more comfortable. Maybe it’s the leather portion under the mini lug sole, but for some reason, Rancourts that have the mini lug seem to never really “break in” and are too stiff for my tastes.

I also really like the new “Caliber” soles that Rancourt puts on their Acadia line. I had them put that on a pair of custom shell Ranger Mocs last year and they are super comfortable and very versatile.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Happy third birthday to my beloved caramels!

QL9R6Da.jpg

IPE691i.jpg

JZ1uJ16.jpg

1CoHDUE.jpg

I hope everyone has an amazingly fun and safe holiday weekend!

Limited edition star spangled ding dongs, eh? Sounds tasty. But not as tasty as those lovely boat shoes. Happy fourth, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads