• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

nikolau

Reaction score

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not planning on driving anywhere special today, but just in case...

20200613_drivers.jpg

Sdig14

Reaction score
Interesting. Sad to hear that the company has been so negatively affected, but not exactly surprising either. A lot of people in the world are struggling and unfortunately a lot of discretionary expenses like shoes are the first people cut out of their budget.

The lineup they are offering wholesale on aren't really anything I need in my rotation, but may just get one or two pairs at a good price just because I love the company and can afford to do so.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat interested in the beefrolls, but I've got everything I want really.

My black suede weltlines are back at Rancourt because they didn't fit at all despite being the same size as my 2 other pairs of Rancourt loafers. I was told they'd fit tighter than my other pairs due to being lined. Not sure what went wrong. Did some measurements and noticed some weird things like the collar being 3/4" longer on the black suede Weltlines compared to my Eastports and Beefrolls. Hopefully they get back to me sooner or later.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Rancourt is running a Crowdfunding promo on some of their best sellers; pre-order and get them at wholesale:

I was not aware of this. Love the company. My new ranger mocs have very quickly become one of my favorites. Having said that none of these models really fit a need/want for me.

I wonder if they would be amenable to a small gmto for something more unique. Maybe not quite as deeply discounted but I bet there is some range where enough of us might jump at the chance for something interesting and it ends up being a win-win.

Anyone interested? It would be worth running it by them before tossing around ideas.

Sdig14

Reaction score
I was not aware of this. Love the company. My new ranger mocs have very quickly become one of my favorites. Having said that none of these models really fit a need/want for me.

I wonder if they would be amenable to a small gmto for something more unique. Maybe not quite as deeply discounted but I bet there is some range where enough of us might jump at the chance for something interesting and it ends up being a win-win.

Anyone interested? It would be worth running it by them before tossing around ideas.
I'd be in depending on what the group decides on. Would rather this than just buying a couple pairs for the sake of supporting the company and not even needing them.

I'd prefer to go the boot route, something in shell or both.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'd be in depending on what the group decides on. Would rather this than just buying a couple pairs for the sake of supporting the company and not even needing them.

I'd prefer to go the boot route, something in shell or both.

I also prefer shell. I've been really wanting a shell handsewn, quite honestly, like some of the insane pairs from @mdubs or @CMT1. But in any event before getting into the minutia, we really ought to reach out to Rancourt first. If you read the blurb on the top of the wholesale order page they are gathering a few hundred orders for the models listed. That's obviously not gonna happen for the type of thing we are discussing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads