• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Cordovanity

Reaction score
You should similar to me. I can wear both a 10D and 10E but I slightly prefer the E width in the Ranger Moc. I wouldn't stress about the Van last too much. If you have a higher instep or wider ball it seems difficult to fit. I've never tried an E in the Van but the D width I couldnt get to work in the two sizes that I tried. It was either too narrow at the ball and too tight over the instep or in the bigger size I was getting too much heel slip.

By the way, Rancourt does offer a trial shoe for you to fit via mail order if you are doing a MTO.
Thanks a lot man

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’m still on the fence on the flint kudu ranger Mocs. I love the traveler sole version that was posted here a couple of pages ago, but I also am interested in the standard flint kudu with the camp sole. Does anyone have the standard flint kudu ranger Mocs to show pics in the wild?

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’m still on the fence on the flint kudu ranger Mocs. I love the traveler sole version that was posted here a couple of pages ago, but I also am interested in the standard flint kudu with the camp sole. Does anyone have the standard flint kudu ranger Mocs to show pics in the wild?

Camp sole 100%. Super comfortable and flexible. In regards to the traveler sole, I may be in the minority but I don't see as much value in something the manufacturer is unwilling to resole (at least they weren't in the past). However, I really like the profile and color of the vintage traveler sole. Different strokes...

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not planning on driving anywhere today, but I haven't had much opportunity to get these broken in, so...

20200526_rancourts.jpg

LThomsen

Reaction score
Seems almost time to get these heels replaced already. They only have around a dozen wears on them. Anyone else find the stock heels not very durable?

My cobbler did reopen so I’ll be taking them in tomorrow along with the beefrolls. I know he recommended Vibram heels preciously.

there’s about 1.5mm left on these 5mm heels.

View attachment 1387757
That seems like premature wear. I would email rancourt to see how they can stand behind their product.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camp sole 100%. Super comfortable and flexible. In regards to the traveler sole, I may be in the minority but I don't see as much value in something the manufacturer is unwilling to resole (at least they weren't in the past). However, I really like the profile and color of the vintage traveler sole. Different strokes...
I'm in the similar mindset that I am unwilling to pay over $100 for any footwear that can't be resoled.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems like premature wear. I would email rancourt to see how they can stand behind their product.
I don't know that I would consider it premature wear. More so the rubber on these toplifts aren't meant for concrete. My stock Indy heels wear similarly fast, but they are much thicker and chunkier so they end up last much much longer even though the rubber is fairly soft.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have another new and truly remarkable piece of footwear made by our dear friends in Lewiston, Maine.

I have always loved Color #4 Shell Cordovan and after talking to a great guy, current Alden employee and former Rancourt employee, BAK, I saw his old pair of Caribou Boots and knew that I had to do one in Shell and of course in Color #4 specifically!!!

Please find the resultant pair below. Their attention to detail and their skin stitching is superb and I really like the Color #4 Bellowed Tongue.

1958A202-B7F0-4AD6-AE0E-AD50A1385431.jpeg

57D1561D-F608-4005-8F7C-54DAD5909A93.jpeg

5E1F725B-171E-4E85-B1AE-6C491ABC8056.jpeg

9A2F22BD-4D1C-40C8-BAC5-85D693D40ACA.jpeg

B347B4B7-04D8-43A0-AA1B-3DDB9ED7C2BB.jpeg

A7DBFF72-33EC-432D-8D78-37A4C55DB90D.jpeg

87C16390-7400-4D63-AB4E-7791081ACF7D.jpeg

And I took them out for a short spin this morning.

E3A5B338-759F-4FD0-9347-0A464ADB9D9F.jpeg

-Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have another new and truly remarkable piece of footwear made by our dear friends in Lewiston, Maine.

I have always loved Color #4 Shell Cordovan and after talking to a great guy, current Alden employee and former Rancourt employee, BAK, I saw his old pair of Caribou Boots and knew that I had to do one in Shell and of course in Color #4 specifically!!!

Please find the resultant pair below. Their attention to detail and their skin stitching is superb and I really like the Color #4 Bellowed Tongue.

View attachment 1396807

View attachment 1396812

View attachment 1396813
View attachment 1396808

View attachment 1396809

View attachment 1396811

View attachment 1396810

View attachment 1396814

-Mike
Beautiful!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1396807

View attachment 1396812

View attachment 1396813
View attachment 1396808

View attachment 1396809

View attachment 1396811

View attachment 1396810

View attachment 1396814

-Mike
Those are simply awesome. A grail type of boot!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am exceptionally excited to share with you a truly special Made-to-Order that I recently did and now have on hands. I am usually super excited about the end-product that I received. But this pair is about both the destination as well as the journey to get there...

I really wanted to do something different and unique and having a good chat with @BAK I learned of Rancourt's extreme flexibility, that you aren't limited to what is on their site.

Although this model seems fairly straight forward, there was quite a bit of leg work into it, specifically on where to place the famous Horween Shell Cordovan Stamps... The other thing about the Reverse side Black Shell Cordovan, and the reason I picked it, is that it has a lot of character in it and it does develop a patina. It has its famous green-ish hue that varies on the Shell and at what time of the day that the Shell is dyed black at. The later in the day, the more dye is in the water that they dip it in immediately after dying it and the greener the back. So the first part of the puzzle was picking out the Shells themselves...

Image from iOS (9).jpg

Then the Shell Placement Dance began... You can see on the above picture the dyes that they cut the Shells with, there was a decent amount of back and forths on that, but we settled on the outside of the shoe and then a special heel logo as well.

Image from iOS (12).jpg

Image from iOS (11).jpg

Image from iOS (11)-1.jpg

Image from iOS (13).jpg

It was really cool to see the whole thing unfold, and we had a quick call before they actually cut the Shells to confirm the placements, and it was really neat to see the final in-progress, final check.

Image from iOS (21).jpg

Image from iOS (20).jpg

The final product came out exquisitely and I am super happy with how they came out. I definitely have a special connection with these guys due to my involvement in their development.

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 1.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 5.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 19.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 28.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 24.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 26.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 31.jpg

Note that the interior of these Shoes is the normal shiny side of the Shells...

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 36.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 35.jpg

Rancourt Reverse Black Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 37.jpg

I cannot thank Rancourt enough for the patience and their amazing customer service. This was a pretty amazing project and they were just top notch on it the whole way through!!!

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads