• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are amazing! I see they still have them but with the camp sole I believe. Were those a limited run or custom?

I e-mailed Rancourt and asked them to make it with the traveler sole, same with the chukka. Rancourt is very flexible.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the classic ranger moc and traveller?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the classic ranger moc and traveller?
"Traveller Sole" is the name of the side-wall stitched brown rubber sole in my photos above. Everything else from the traditional ranger moc is the same.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
"Traveller Sole" is the name of the side-wall stitched brown rubber sole in my photos above. Everything else from the traditional ranger moc is the same.
I like the look and I think the comfort must be fantastic. I don’t think they can be resoled but I suppose that sole is built to last.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Thanks! It's a waxed flesh leather called "Ink Legacy".
Nice! Wondering what a boot would look like in this leather...hmmmm....it also would make a great looking boat shoe!
Special make up I presume? Who makes the leather?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Wondering what a boot would look like in this leather...hmmmm....it also would make a great looking boat shoe!
Special make up I presume? Who makes the leather?

It was a special make-up. I'm not sure the tannery. Best to e-mail Rancourt and ask which waxed flesh leathers they have available.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color pants or shorts do you wear with flint kudu?

I love the look and am considering them on beef rolls, but It’s hard for me to get a sense of what I’d wear them without seeing them in real life.

It's gray with brown undertones, so I wear it with black jeans, blue jeans, and chinos in Various shades of brown...it's pretty versatile.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black bison Brightons for what may be the last chilly day of the season.
686FB9B1-67D6-4365-8375-04E7005F966A.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems almost time to get these heels replaced already. They only have around a dozen wears on them. Anyone else find the stock heels not very durable?

My cobbler did reopen so I’ll be taking them in tomorrow along with the beefrolls. I know he recommended Vibram heels preciously.

there’s about 1.5mm left on these 5mm heels.

73BF2D0B-0983-4ACE-A448-DF5309D6665E.jpeg

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems almost time to get these heels replaced already. They only have around a dozen wears on them. Anyone else find the stock heels not very durable?

My cobbler did reopen so I’ll be taking them in tomorrow along with the beefrolls. I know he recommended Vibram heels preciously.

there’s about 1.5mm left on these 5mm heels.
They don't wear at a constant rate. The wear down fast when they are square, and then once they get rounded off, they wear much more slowly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics