• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rancourt boots this afternoon, don't remember the name of this model. Taller than normal shaft, and really well made boots. Showing a few battle scars, but they are boots........
IMG_1887.jpeg

jnik

Reaction score
Oh man, how did those boots in bison not make the cut?!? So sick, would cop in a minute.

My Byron boots in the grey Kudu came in a couple weeks ago, but I haven't seen them yet since they are at my sister's house. Looking forward to those as the pics I've seen are excellent.

Secondly, I decided to make another purchase during these trying times and bought a natty cxl beefroll penny loafers. They weren't supposed to be in stock and would be made in 4 weeks, but wouldn't you know they just randomly showed up 3 days after I made the purchase even though I never got a shipping notice or anything. Weird, but I'll take it.
You won't regret these. One had a pair for a few years and eat then all the time on the summer. I bought mine a bit large and need to use an insert but otherwise they are fantastic

Luscombe

Reaction score
Rancourt boots this afternoon, don't remember the name of this model. Taller than normal shaft, and really well made boots. Showing a few battle scars, but they are boots........ View attachment 1366533
I have been reading through this thread, backwards. Fascinating stuff and I am learning a lot. I should know better than to indulge in threads like this as they usually end up costing me $.

I recall when you posted about the scar on your left boot. Yeah, it is from the screen door when you let your dog out the day or day after you just got the boots.
As soon as I get my sizing confirmed, I see a pair of Natty Knox's in my future.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been reading through this thread, backwards. Fascinating stuff and I am learning a lot. I should know better than to indulge in threads like this as they usually end up costing me $.

I recall when you posted about the scar on your left boot. Yeah, it is from the screen door when you let your dog out the day or day after you just got the boots.
As soon as I get my sizing confirmed, I see a pair of Natty Knox's in my future.
KNOX, that's the model. Thanks Bud! Yes the screen door did some damage, I have not been able to get it to go away, no matter what I have tried, so just embrace it as "patina" and carry on.....

GGMac

Reaction score
I have been looking at this Chukka for quite awhile. I wear a size 11 B in Rancourt. Did not see where Huckberry offered any widths other than D. I emailed them. Anyone here own these in a narrow width? I have a pair of Clymers 2.0 and two pairs of Ranger Mocs with the Lactae Hevea soles. All are 11B and 2 are CXL leather. I love the weight and feel of the leather but after wearing them the leather has stretched and they are loose on me now.

How does the Bison stretch compared to the CXL? My next pair will be Bison but I will ask them to put a liner in it.
Great shoes, I love their products.

Contact Rancourt. If they have the leather they will make you whatever you want in whatever size you need. They have a great MTO program.

BAK

Reaction score
What was your role when you worked there?
I managed their wholesale operations, so I was primarily charged with wholesale selling and building up their retail partnerships, but when I wasn't on the road I was in the factory daily, wearing a lot of different hats, including future season development and design, as well as lending a hand in e-com customer service as needed... answering emails/phones, building bill of materials (BOM's, or tags) for the MTO orders everyone here orders. Etc, etc, etc...

Luscombe

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Guys.

Like I said earlier, reading this thread will likely cost me some $. Hope the rabbit hole is not too deep.

I am looking for some summer mocs that fit correctly without socks, and want to confirm my sizing so I can eventually order a custom shell moc or two. Since customs can not be returned, the fit needs to be spot on for a shell build. My end game is to eventually get a pair of shell penny loafers and boat shoes. I really like the Reed shoe in Carmel with midsole and vibram in honey.

Yesterday, I printed out the sizing chart and then stood on it :). My lengths were barely 10.5 and the widths were barely W7. This would say I am a 10.5 C ( just barely) in Rancourt sizing.

My Brannock is 10.5 length, 11 knuckle, B width. I have a very high instep. The 11B is the size in most AE shoes and I find the Daltons to be a bit wide in an 11B. I have some AE Bluchers in 11A that fit well depending upon their last. That said, I have 3 pair of Daltons in 11B, 1 shell and the others their standard leather and they all fit differently I have to put in a thin insert sole to fill up the volume to get a snug fit.

I have three Rancourt Mocassins in 11B, 2 Rangers and 1 Clymer 2. All are CXL and fit snug when I got them. They are now a bit loose. I have thin insert soles in them and have to wear medium socks to prevent the quarters from touching when laced. They are too loose to wear without socks.I love the shoe and the leather but not the fit.

I called and talked to CS today and they suggested a 10.5B without lining. The RLH soles on my Baxters are very comfy. I also like the Vibram 232 sole. My high instep requires a little more support than straight flat boat shoe soles.

So, I thought I would get a Downeast with full sock lining, leather midsole and vibram 232 honey sole and a Baxter in bison cognac, full sock lining and RLH Crepe sole.
I sent an email to customer support tonight and requested quotes for each pair.

I still need to confirm my fit and in full disclosure, with CS on the phone, I asked if it would be a problem to order two pairs of Downeast mocs, 10.5B and 11B as MTO to confirm the fit with the idea that I would return both for credit for custom builds. They were fine with that. Once I get the quotes, I will make a decision and place the order. I am expecting the quotes to be no more than $425 each based upon the custom build page. This seems high when compared to off the rack shoes but my feet are hard to fit. Rancourt gives you the option of selecting most of the shoe components and the shoes will last a very long time. I think it is a great product at a good price, which I consider to be good value.

As an aside, I have two pair Russell Mocassins, "Art Carver" Chukkas and Mocassins, both triple vamp construction and both over 25 years and still in great shape. Made in Wisconsin and another not cheap but good value product.
I like the idea of buying USA and I trust Rancourt and their CS.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Just received my camp Mocs in buckaroo and love them already! View attachment 1367449
Looking good. Something about the buckaroo leather seems so right with the style. How’s the comfort? The main reason I didn’t end up loving mine was the thick leather lacing pressing into my feet due to the big bulges the laces create on the inside of the vamp.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Looking good. Something about the buckaroo leather seems so right with the style. How’s the comfort? The main reason I didn’t end up loving mine was the thick leather lacing pressing into my feet due to the big bulges the laces create on the inside of the vamp.
Yes agree with the buckaroo - they look great! We'll see on the comfort. I'm going to wear them around with socks for awhile during break in. I agree the thick parts could be a problem but hopefully it will level out and soften up as they break in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads