• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thank you!

I just added that I also get their Wheeled Welt, which adds the more custom look with the edge. I saw it on the special orders that they did for Leffot back in the day and love the custom look that it yields.

The Pennys have the Wheeled Welt, the Boats have the Regular Welt.
Rancourt Color #4 Shell Cordovan Loafers - 3.jpg

Standard...
Ralph Lauren x Rancourt Natty Shell Pinch Penny Loafers - 2016-12-27 - 5.jpg

Wheeled...
Rancourt Color 4 Penny Pinch Loafers - 2019-09-30 - 3.jpg

But you can see that in my specifications as well...

Thanks,
Mike

lcdx22

Reaction score
I just added that I also get their Wheeled Welt, which adds the more custom look with the edge. I saw it on the special orders that they did for Leffot back in the day and love the custom look that it yields.

The Pennys have the Wheeled Welt, the Boats have the Regular Welt.
View attachment 1341906

Standard...
View attachment 1341907

Wheeled...
View attachment 1341908

But you can see that in my specifications as well...

Thanks,
Mike

I was never one for pinch penny or boat shoe style but seeing your pairs here over the last year has beat it into me that I must have a few pairs.

First step is to make sure the fit will work as my instep is on the higher side. Hopefully with EE it should be ok. We will see.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I was never one for pinch penny or boat shoe style but seeing your pairs here over the last year has beat it into me that I must have a few pairs.

First step is to make sure the fit will work as my instep is on the higher side. Hopefully with EE it should be ok. We will see.

Rancourt is pretty awesome and will send you a few pairs to test fit out. I have don’t all of my orders with Scott White. If you DM me, I can give you his direct line.

-Mike

biro

Reaction score
They are Moccasin construction, so not Goodyear Welted. But they can still be re-soled. The outsoles that I use are their old stock soles, but they now just offer as a MTO if you call them. It is the Rugby Leather Sole and I got their older Key Heels as well.. Full specifications on them were as follows... I also get their Wheeled Welt, which adds the more custom look with the edge. I saw it on the special orders that they did for Leffot back in the day and love the custom look that it yields.

Pinch Penny (4501-04S)
Espresso Shell Cordovan (Dyed Twice - Vice Standard of Three Times)
Unlined
Tan HS Thread
Rugby Sole w/Key Heel
Wheeled Welt w/Natural Edge Stain
10D

6011-LG; Shoe Trees - Split Toe (size 9.5EE - 11.5D)

Hope that helps!

-Mike
Never realized you could customize the number of dye applications - really took a few shades off the espresso. Fantastic color.

jch1

Reaction score
March 6 for me but I received an email shortly after posting saying they were going to be a little late.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. New to this thread so I’ll post a few of my Rancourt shoes. Currently I have Gilman camp mocs in carolina brown CXL, essex boat shoes, and Eastport penny loafers in brown. Khaki suede ranger mocs should be here in a few weeks. I am considering a pair of beefroll penny loafers in color 8 CXL eventually.

These are all relatively new which is why they don’t have much wear.

C3835EFA-8C19-4C77-9378-756C077B6405.jpeg 46774DEE-E088-430F-8AD5-12E8AC063EE3.jpeg 4864FE18-6669-4491-9DB5-F1252CDE04B4.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hello. New to this thread so I’ll post a few of my Rancourt shoes. Currently I have Gilman camp mocs in carolina brown CXL, essex boat shoes, and Eastport penny loafers in brown. Khaki suede ranger mocs should be here in a few weeks. I am considering a pair of beefroll penny loafers in color 8 CXL eventually.

These are all relatively new which is why they don’t have much wear.

View attachment 1350802 View attachment 1350803 View attachment 1350804

Wow, those are three just stellar loafers and a great exhibit of Rancourts most classic models!

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics