• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Aenonymous

Reaction score

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, those are monsters (impressive monsters). How easy is it to drive in those - does that taller shaft with the thicker leather allow the foot to flex easy enough for the pedals?

I pivot on the heel to apply pressure to the pedal from a mid-foot point of the sole. Double soles are very rigid even at size 15d and I drive an Outback so I am up high. The whole boot just pivots slightly...there is not much give here.

I have 4 tall Pamolas. On first wear of the first one I ordered another and this was the 4th pair. They really dialed into my foot size and shape for these. They fit incredibly *fortunately* because they would be useless if they did not fit beautifully.

Pamolas again today!

Last edited:

Joytropics

Reaction score
Does anyone have the athletic trainers and can advise on fit? I love the vintage runner style but they always seem to fit weird on me. I guess athletic sneakers have evolved for good reason.

biro

Reaction score
Does anyone have the athletic trainers and can advise on fit? I love the vintage runner style but they always seem to fit weird on me. I guess athletic sneakers have evolved for good reason.

Have been considering a pair of those too. Would love to hear from anyone with experience.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thosr look really cool. Reminds me a lot of Black Reverse Shell Cordovan. :)

-Mike
I saw this leather used on another boot (non-Rancourt). It’s kudu from C.F. Stead, a Rancourt supplier, so I inquired about Rancourt making me a pair in this leather.
Due to minimum order quantity and shipping costs, they couldn’t order it in for me. But they found that they had a sample large enough to make me a pair.

I really like how these turned out.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I saw this leather used on another boot (non-Rancourt). It’s kudu from C.F. Stead, a Rancourt supplier, so I inquired about Rancourt making me a pair in this leather.
Due to minimum order quantity and shipping costs, they couldn’t order it in for me. But they found that they had a sample large enough to make me a pair.

I really like how these turned out.

Good decision to pursue. Rancourt is awesome with trying to take care of customers. These came out really cool.

-Mike

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have been considering a pair of those too. Would love to hear from anyone with experience.

I have them, and even though I am generally a huge Rancourt fanboy, these I can not endorse.

The last is not sneakery, it's shoey. Not enough height in the toe, and there is no cuppage in the back of the heel.

One of the huge draws for me was the Reltex sole. I have always loved them, because I can be on my feet all day without getting fatigue.

Not sure what the problem is with these soles, but after a few hours my dogs are killing me!

My two cents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads